06/27 Mowgli AMPS 283 PMPS 329 + 3 146

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, Jun 27, 2019.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

06/26 Condo

Mowgli took a dive last night since he realized I’ll be on vacation soon and wanted to keep our current dose for him.

Do you think 0.75u will make a good vacation dose? When should I start? I will be giving Mowgli his insulin on Saturday Morning and then my house guest will be taking over for mornings up to and including next Friday.

Hope everyone has a great day! I’m ready for this week to be over so that we can hit the road :)

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Well now. How to make a cat laugh.....make plans!

This week seems to be going by slowly....

Take some pics of the vacay! Gorgeous country you are going to.

For a dose...If this dose is getting him close to his reduction number...I would reduce to .75u. Will they be doing any mid-cycle tests for you while gone? Just kinda of wondering if .5 wouldn't be an easier dose to draw and safer if no mid-cycle test.

3. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you should start the reduced dose tonight to give it 3 cycles to drain the depot. I agree with Tracey that 0.5 may be a better dose if there will be no testing.

5. AmandaE

Ok, tonight I will do the reduction to 0.75u to see how Mowgli gets on with it. That will give me 3 cycles before Sat morning when I do the final dose and BG level

@Tracey&Jones (GA) No one will be testing so we will see how Mowg gets on with 0.75 and if it seems like it's too high a dose we will reduce to 0.5u

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Sounds like a good plan...unless Mowgli has something to say about it Hahahahaha!

7. AmandaE

Friggin' Mowg... Nosey boy with his listening ears on :D

Bless him... he's so cute and sweet.

BTW: I spoke with Ross about Cat condos this week... I'm going to work on him during our camping trip ... 8 fun hours of driving to our destination :p

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Now that we have this one....I think Gary could build me one now that we have a template.

I really wouldn't be without now. I am taking it with me if I ever move.

AmandaE likes this.
  9. AmandaE

+3 146

The pet sitters popped by to meet the cats tonight and they seem really good. Unfortunately the woman who is going to be giving Mowgli’s dose doesn’t have any experience giving insulin to animals. She’s going to stop by tomorrow at shot time so I can train her how, and her boss will come for the first shot as well when we’re away.

They kind of balked at me when I told them it’s 0.75u so I said probably we would just do 0.5u since there is a line and it’s less risky.

What do you guys think?

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  10. carfurby (GA)

Since she doesn't have any experience, it might be better to have the dose be on a line. Even if you leave a syringe to compare the dose to it will still be confusing for her.

AmandaE likes this.
  11. AmandaE

That’s what I was thinking too. I feel a little bad for Mowg though because he will definitely go high on 0.5u and it’s a full week but also I want him to be safe

12. carfurby (GA)

It's better to be a little high than go too low and no one be there.

AmandaE likes this.
  13. AmandaE

Definitely! Thanks Carla :)

14. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

15. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Another thing to consider is that Mowgli may not eat as well when you are away, so .5 may be safer. I just returned from a work trip and Phoebe Squeak didn't eat well at all while I was away. They tested before each shot and her BG went as low as 123 from lack of food, so they didn't even give her every shot of the lower vacation dose.:rolleyes:

AmandaE likes this.
  16. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Better be safe Amanda! Dosing with the line is much easier, otherwise they might end up giving a higher dose!
    Good hiking and having fun ! :joyful:

AmandaE likes this.