07/03 BB AMPS 71, went below 50 last night does she need reduction

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawnjanell, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

Last thread

Ok so like to start with my guy tested BB on his way to bed and found her at 49. He gave her a half a can of food and waited up to make sure she ate it, but didn't think to wake me and let me know she had been below 50.

Does she need a reduction since she went below 50? I am about to head to work so for this morning she is getting a little higher carb food and we are going to take turns checking on her all day.

2. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

What are your thoughts on using a late night snack that is just a little higher in carb then her normal 4-5% in order to keep her on this dose?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes on the reduction. Your new dose tonight is 1.25 units. As a newly diagnosed diabetic, at this point in time, you should reduce the dose by 0.25 units when she goes under 50.

If they want a reduction, it is not a good idea to keep them on a higher dose. At some point you could find yourself fighting low numbers with her not wanting to come up.

Dawnjanell likes this.