? 07/05, Lilly, 432 PMPS - Dose increase advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by catman13, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catman13

catman13 Member

Hello,

So I finally was able to fill in the spreadsheets with all the readings taken since Lilly started on Lantus.
    As you can see we went from 1u 2x/day to 1.5u 2x/day per Vet's advice. It's been 7 cycles with the 1.5u with not much change.

Question: Is it still soon to increase again? I'm not liking the consistently high BG levels.

PS: I test for ketones daily using a human ketone meter (results have been 0.9, 1.6, 1.1 past 3 days).

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

For continuity, here is the link to your previous post here: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/lantus-dosage-need-help.197655/

It's great you got the spreadsheet up and running. Thank you, it really helps us. We do recommend getting a test before each and every shot. Some day Lilly may surprise you. It's also helpful to get a second test each night cycle if you can. Many cats go lower at night. We determine how to dose based on how low the dose takes the cat, so catching the evening data is often key.

Getting those ketones tests in is good. It'll help if you record them in the remarks section of the spreadsheet, somwe stoo asking if you've done them.

We have two dosing methods here, the Tight Regulation protocol and the Start Low Go Slow method. Take a read of the Sticky Notes describing them and decide which will best suit you. Dosing decisions are based on what dosing method you use. However, as long as Lilly is eating dry food, you will havr to use SLGS. Having said all that, you did start Lilly on a lower dose of Lantus. If she was getting a higher dose of Novolin, we would take that into consideration. I think you can increase to 2.0 units mow.

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. catman13

catman13 Member

Thanks for the help.
    I increased the dose to 2u this AM .. amps was 410.
    I’m okay with either method, I just prefer not to have Lilly’s sugar stay high for too long. I’d like to see her at <300 for most of the day. That’s something that hasn’t been achieved in months.

I will keep monitoring and updating spreadsheet daily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.