07/12 Blackie AMPS 349

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Certainly lower than yesterday morning's #. Could it be that she stayed in the pink overnight...? I'll check her at +6 and see where she's at. Should be an interesting day. Thank you for your continued advice, and help.

2. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

The ps#s are going the right way....lower...so that's good. I doubt she stayed in the pink all night, she probably dropped down into the yellow and then back up as the dose wore off, but of course we don't know without any mid cycle data. No, you don't need to get up in the middle of the night and test her! :lol: It's ok, the data we have shows the right trend. :smile:

3. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Thanks, Laurie. :) We're going in the right direction, thank goodness. :)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Angela I would'nt be surprised if she got down in the blues. Yesterday's drop was'nt close to nadir and it was a nice drop...still might have had another 70-100 bg drop then. i'm betting you'll see the blue's today.
    Lori

5. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Saw a mid 200's today at +6. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

6. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

Some day - we will have all blues and greens. All fingers and paws crossed over here, and as you know, we have a LOT of paws to cross in this house hold!!

~M

7. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

It's a nice pretty U-curve, and the PSs do seem to be coming down, so it's looking good to me as progress! The curve is pretty shallow, but I like it that the PSs are coming down, looks like pretty good duration, which may be really good news for how she'll do on PZI. You could hold this dose a little longer and see if the PSs continue to come down more, or I don't think there would be anything wrong with raising the dose either if you wanted. All good answers IMO. :)

8. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

The ps#s are still coming down, she's going the right direction. You are so patient Angela, it will pay off. :smile:

9. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

I hope that she's going in the right direction. LOL This morning, she threw me a red curve ball. (shaking head)

10. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Liver training, I suspect. She probably got down into the nice blue #s and her liver panicked and dumped some sugar. I know, it's frustrating! The only way to get past it is to keep showing her the blue numbers and eventually, she'll stop reacting.

You may want to try decreasing the dose just a tiny bit if she keeps bouncing. She may just need tinier dose steps. Just a thought.

11. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Mary, thank you! I know you have a lot of paws over there crossed. LOL Looking forward to meeting your gang. :)

Laurie, yes, liver training is a pain, but I AM patient. Blackie's being a good girl throughout it all, too, except for the occasional little "Mom, I'm not in the mood to get my ear poked today" spat (like she did this morning... Lil' bugger). However, I told her, sternly I might add, that if she doesn't allow me to get blood this morning, she doesn't get chicken. That seemed to have worked with her. LOL

Before the recent dose increase, she was on 1.2 for 8 days. Should I keep her on the 1.4 for the same amount of days, or go up 10, or more days to see is this dose works for her?

12. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

She seems to be bouncing, then gradually coming back down, then bouncing again. Most people suggest increasing to get a breakthrough. If she is "stuck" in that pattern, you will need to do something to break it.

I would like to see just how low she is getting at the nadir, particularly when she reaches the lower ps#s, before she bounces. It's hard to know whether the dose is high or low, unless you can see that. I suspect that it's just liver training, not getting really low, in which case an increase would make sense.

I do think she does better with smaller increases though, the full 0.2u increase seems to have put her in a roller coaster pattern. I would try a fat 1.4u for the next dose.

How is she feeling? Is she drinking and peeing more or less? Has anything else changed, behavior-wise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.