07/14 Sunshine AMPS 327

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PumpkinsMom, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

Sunny is happy and cuddly, not eating real well (except for FDC; she goes crazy for FDC!). I'm going to snag some Fortiflora this morning for her. She had a buffet of 5 different foods last night and ate maybe a total of about 1oz.

+4 - 147
    +6 - 213

I'm hoping she's a kitty that will double dip instead of continuing to rise.

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

FDC? Why is my still asleep brain not registering on what that stands for?

Mel and The Fur Gang

3. LindaMS

LindaMS Well-Known Member

I cant figure out FDC either.

Sammy went on a bit of a food strike here when the kitten arrived. She is still not eating as much as she was, but its stinking hot here so that might not be helping either.

4. matya13

matya13 Member

FDC is freeze-dried chicken, one of Sunny's favorite things ever!

She tends to shut down under stress, so it's not surprising that she isn't eating much. Now that I'm a little calmer about things, I'll be sending her distance Reiki and hope she'll know that all is well and she hasn't been abandoned again - just put in protective custody for a bit!

5. RobinCot

RobinCot Well-Known Member

Geez... sounds like the catsitter wasn't up for the job!!! I hope she can feel secure again soon.

6. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

She's super interested in seeing what's outside of her room. I know she knows there are other cats because she has seen them when I come in and out of her room. And she definitely hears the dogs because one of them is vocal ALL THE TIME.

Mel, have you worked out a plan for increases for Sunny? I am home almost every moment of the day so I can test frequently. I am using a Relion Confirm for Sunny and so far she's been fairly easy to test even with her extra furry ears.

7. MommaOfMuse

Not yet Jenna. As I wasn't planning on Amy being around for a week. I'm gonna stare at her spreadsheet tonight and see if I can hatch a plan of action for her. If mine let me sleep tonight lol

Mel and The Fur Gang

8. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

It hasn't been a superb day for Sunnybear. She had about 1oz of medium carb food today and maybe about 1/4 cup FDC. I went to PetSmart today and bought one of everything that looked low and medium carb. I also bought some freeze dried shrimpies, and oh. em. gee., she went CRAZY for them. I currently have Shrimp & Seafood FF Classics down in 3 bowls - no water added, a little water added, and soupy.

It's a lot of change for poor Miss Sunny. Mom left, petsitter came in, Jibbit left, stranger came and took her to a strange house filled with a very noisy dog. And now stranger pokes her ear several times a day and gives shots!

9. MommaOfMuse

Poor baby girl. It took my Cassanova a few days to relax as well he had a very similar situation before I adopted him. Mom got sick, human brother took him and his fur brother in but they were living in a basement by themselves because the beans were allergic. Then brother left for a new forever home and Cassanova was all by himself then he got shoved in a carrier, driven 2 hours away to a crazy lady who ask him to eat weird canned food, poked his ears, and ask him to live in a small noises zoo (4 siamese and a vocal dog) So I can relate.

You don't happen to have a kitty that loves everyone do you that you could put in with Sunny? My Arabella really helped Cassanova come out of his shell.

Mel and The Fur Gang

10. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

I have a kitty that can visit with Sunny but she is allergic to the food tha Sunny finally decided to eat tonight. After breakfast, I can sit with Sunny for a while and let Adah in with her. I have my most calming classical music lullaby cd on repeat but I know nothing drowns out the sound of a singing dane and a redbone on backup.

11. MommaOfMuse

Ah yes the soulful serenade of a coonhound lol At least ours is just an over territorial chow/lab/shepherd mix so he's just unexpectedly loud. Usually under whatever cat tree has a sleeping cat on it. Although he also believes all kitties should love him as much as he loves them, unfortunately not everyone when they first arrive do. As if being greeted your first day by a small pride of strange kitties who all want to be your friend immediately isn't enough to send most into shock.

Mel and The Fur Gang

12. matya13

matya13 Member

Thanks for everything you're doing for Miss Sunnyshine, Jenna!

To add a little context to the situation: Jibbit and Sunny's previous mom (not sure she was their first mom) died very suddenly and unexpectedly. Then they were scooped up and shoved into separate cages at the animal shelter, nowhere near their 4 "siblings". Then they were basically ignored until the vet checked them out, then ignored again until I came to see them, then ignored a little longer while I got a room ready for them. Then they got put into a larger, nicer "cage" (my second foster room).

So pretty girl has already been through something very similar to this, which really must make it even more upsetting and stressful for her than for another cat.

I'm trying to send her distance Reiki to help her understand that I'm coming back for her!

13. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

Her numbers were much better today, Amy. And she was super loving this morning. I got nothing but headbutts and luvs today! When her blood sugar is better, she's a lot easier to test. She's a bit grumpy when it's really high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.