07/15 Blackie AMPS 410

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I may have to increase her to 1.6 tonight if things don't improve today. May do a mini curve today and see where the #'s fall. What do you all think?

2. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

I think you should increase tonight. You have held this dose long enough, she needs more insulin to get into better numbers.

3. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. Will still do a mini until +6. Posted a +2 in SS.

4. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

You might want to wait and increase in the morning so you can monitor how she responds. Just a thought.

5. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

And that, too. LOL Ok, will wait until morning to see where she lands today. Are we still in liver training...? Just making sure. :)

6. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

When you see those blue numbers, and then she zooms up into the reds, that is liver training. I think at this point, she just needs more insulin to get her numbers to come down. It's almost like an addict, when they get used to a certain level of drugs, they don't get "high" anymore, so they need a higher dose to get "high" again....I know it's a bad analogy, but it's the way I think about it. You raise the dose, she drops nicely, then she gets used to that dose and it doesn't give you the same response...so you need to raise it again. You need to work your way up to a point where she keeps responding to the dose every cycle. Of course, when you get there, you have to be ready to drop back down the scale again....but you don't need to worry about that part yet!

7. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Thank you, Laurie. I'll be looking for help on when I'll need to drop the dose when required. Thank you all for being here for me. I greatly appreciate it. I'll give her the dose increase tomorrow morning instead of tonight. A fresh morning, and a fresh new dose.

8. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

OMG Laurie I LOVE that analogy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's totally cracking me up, but it really explains it nicely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.