07/18/2019 Zorro PMPS 479 +3 261 +4 153

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Zorro's mom, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Zorro's mom

Zorro's mom Member

My boy surfed some friendly waters again last night. Not for long but still.:cool::D I won't say much in order not to jinx things but... feeling optimistic...for now...
    I took a 2hr snooze after the +3 check & feeding and thank goodness I set my alarm for a +5.5 check instead of a +6 because I got a bit of a shock when I saw how he had dropped from the +3 to then.
    @Bron and Sheba @Wendy&Neko I am still so grateful for the tip to feed early on in the cycle. I believe thát is helping to balance his cycles out a bit. Plus, I feel more relaxed knowing I can try to steer things with food.

Wishing everyone and their kitties a lovely day :bighug:
    (It is Winter for us so it's cold and very windy here today. Kitties are cuddled on the couch :coffee:)

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I'm going to try something like this tonight too! I want to slow Mowgli's cycle so I fed less in the AM in hopes he will eat more generously in the PM ... I also plan to use a higher % LC (friskies pate)

Zorro's mom likes this.
  3. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Nice surf for Zorro!

Zorro's mom likes this.
  4. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

5. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Marista, I sometimes forget who is where and am surprised when I see "it is winter for us" when I am scrambling to locate shorts and "where are the darned sunglasses?" We are looking at close to 90 degrees in the coming days, which is pretty toasty for where I am up north.
    The kitties have the right idea cuddling indoors on the couch. You stay warm and comfy too.

Zorro's mom likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry about the bounce. :rolleyes: It takes a while to see the results of feeding changes, but you are on the right track. I see he still did the bungee jump around +4 last night. I felt that those big drops were the cause of worse bounces than lower numbers.

Zorro's mom likes this.
  7. Zorro's mom

Zorro's mom Member

@AmandaE I do hope the change in feeding schedule will work out well for you!

@Perry & Jenn @JoyBee&Ravan Thank you both :bighug::bighug:

@Idjit's mom Lou, thank you, we áre trying to keep the house warm and cozy, mostly for the furry ones of course ;)
    Enjoy your Summer!

@Wendy&Neko Ugh and he just did another unexpected big drop from the PMPS to the evening +3. And I díd feed him at +2! This is why a +3 (and +2) are so important to me.
    I guess at least it looks as if glucose toxicity has been overcome?

AmandaE likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

He's working on it, but not quite yet. He's been on this dose quite a while. I wonder if an increase to 4.25 units might help get rid of some of those higher end numbers and give him some more green time. TR says to hold a dose 6-10 cycles if seeing nadirs under 200. Tonight is cycle 16. The thing about holding onto a dose, is that you can get glucose toxicity. The majority of time, Zorro is over 200. But since he has been seeing some greens, increase when you can monitor.

Zorro's mom likes this.
  9. Zorro's mom

Zorro's mom Member

@Wendy&Neko I've just updated his SS and he's done another huge drop in an hour despite being fed an ounce raw at +2 and an ounce 3% carbs at +3.
    I'm not panicking but I just wish he could spread these drops out over the day!o_O Another couple of hours on the couch for me...:coffee:

I hear you about the increase but the nighttime numbers seem alright on this dose and just about what I can handle, lack of sleep wise. I'm just afraid that the nighttime numbers will come down more/faster with an increase? Unless I just feed him more at night then.