07/19 Sunshine AMPS 285

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PumpkinsMom, Jul 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

When I tested Sunnybear at about +11.5, she was 149 and while I know I *could* have shot then, because I don't really know her that well AND it's a new insulin, I decided to wait 20 minutes... Well, 20 minutes became 45 minutes and she was 285 which was a HUGE jump up. If I could have foretold that, I would have definitely shot the 149. Hindsight and all that....

I was getting ready to leave at +5 and gave her a test and was shocked at the 47. I got her to eat some FF Cod, Sole, Shrimp (she hadn't eaten at all today). 20 minutes later she was a less than happy 37. I think Venita knows me enough that I don't panic at asymptomatic hypos but I also didn't want to leave a falling cat at 37. So I broke out some Sheba that the pet sitter had sent. Sunny went to town chowing down on that. She ate about 2/3 of the can in like 2 minutes. After 20 minutes, she was 52. When I came back at about +8, she was 102.

I'm hoping all that high carb food won't send her up too high.

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Yeah I no longer freak at an symptomatic hypo either just crack open a can of food and feed up. In fact Autumn's dropping like a stone today too.

Hey if she likes Sheba what about their pates? Don't remember the carb counts on them off hand but they're not too bad if I remember correctly. Really like to find something she'll reliably eat. Levemir can have a long hang time.

Jenna,

How much do you know about the differences between Lantus and Levemir? Both of mine are Lev cats currently so if you haven't worked with before I can help either fill in the gaps or give you a brief overview.

She's gonna bounce ugly. Sigh

Mel and The Fur Gang

3. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

I can't remember ever shooting a chicken shot before but I definitely gave her a skinny shot tonight.

I haven't used Lev before but I have IRL and FB friends that use it. I have one cat on Lantus and the other on PZI.

I'm expecting a bounce but hoping that since I shot at 154, she won't sky rocket. Honestly, I expected to see the bounce already. She hasn't eaten yet tonight other than some FDC. I'll try some Sheba pates tomorrow.

4. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Gotcha basically the same action as Lantus just most nadir later. Cassanova's is around +9ish and Autumn's around +11ish but its offset by the later onset.

Come on Sunnybear eat your nom noms.

Mel and The Fur Gang

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.