07/21 Blackie AMPS 400

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Under Mary's suggestion, we're going to be a doing a little experiment this morning where I'll be giving Blackie a reduced dose of 1.2 for 1/2 the day. The evening shot will be back to the 1.8 (if that's ok to bring her back to that amount after a reduced amount let me know please). She wants to see what happens when Blackie's given her shot at 1.2. I'll be closely monitoring her throughout the day, of course. I agreed to try this, although I'm apprehensive.

This may or may not prove to be liver training, although that's still very new to me as well.

2. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

343 @ +2 @ 7:29 a.m. - gave 4 pcs boiled chicken as a treat.

3. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Or I may keep her there for a while. From what I've seen on her SS, she did good with that dosage.

4. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

She was giving you nice numbers at 1.2u.

Good luck today.

5. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Yes, I know. Hence the reason I think the suggestion of putting her back to 1.2 BID and see. Although, she did suggest doing this for a day *shrug*. I'm going to be watching Blackie very closely today.

6. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

325 +4 @ 9:33 a.m. on 1.2u

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Angela you've got me rooting for you and Blackie and I hope I'm wrong but i think aiy aiy aiy.
    Pray that I'm wrong and Mary is right.
    Lori

8. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

+5 299 @ 10:30 a.m. - chicken treats given
    +6 306 @ 11:30 a.m. - brushing given; passion puss was looking for chicken

9. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

Angela,

I know it is not the usual routine, but can you hold at the 1.2 for the evening dose today as well, and then get a +4 and +5 after PMPS?
    It would be nice to see what her evening numbers do....

Thanks,
    ~M

10. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

I can do +4 and +5 tonight as well as give 1.2 again tonight. What about tomorrow morning?

11. Mary & Stormy Blue

Call me tonight after the numbers and we will decide then, depending upon today's numbers - okay?
    Will that work for you?

~M

12. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

As long as she isn't feeling terrible, I think it's fine to try that - I did the same thing with Bix several times (though it never helped, but still I had to try it to reassure myself). If the #s don't improve, yes I would jump right back to 1.8 as soon as you are clear if 1.2 isn't enough. It's about 1/2 unit change, which is what is recommended when you aren't close to good #s. No sense in wasting time on the intermediate doses if a dose decrease does not produce results. I would just be sure you go back to the higher dose quickly if you don't see results here. With Bix, I waited for days & days before raising the dose back up, which was a mistake.

13. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Mary, I'll call you, but it'll be late. :(

Joanna, that's what I was thinking, too. If I don't see any improvements by +6 PMPS, then I'll shoot 1.8 tomorrow after feeding and PS (if that makes any sense).

14. Mary & Stormy Blue

This is exactly what we discussed last night on the phone. I am very curious to know what those night-time numbers are.
    If she is getting good numbers at night, but not during the day time, she could need more insulin in the AM, but a smaller dose in the PM...
    Right now, that is all speculation on my end, however. I know Blackie is not a dog, but my Mom's diabetic schnauzer needs a smaller dose
    in the evening than she does at daytime and it took a lot of trial and error to figure that out. It turned out that Annabelle was being a lot more active at night, after they went to sleep, than she was during the day. I am wondering if Blackie could be behaving the same way.

~M

15. Mary & Stormy Blue

Late is fine. I seldom crawl into bed before midnight. Gotta get my nightly fix of ST TNG on channel 25 at midnight :)

~M

16. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Mary, you're a night owl like my husband. LOL I've been trying to get my rear in bed before midnight, so I'll be calling you at 11:30 on the nose or thereabouts. Then, I'm heading to bed. Conversation may be short (sowwy).

17. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

345 +8 @ 1:30 p.m. Next test at PMPS. Giving her ears a break for the rest of the afternoon.

18. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

PMPS 314 @ 5:29 p.m. Will be testing her tonight at +5 and +6, and calling Mary after +6 for a brief conversation.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's interesting that she went down a little is'nt it?

20. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Yeah. I wonder if it's because I gave her chicken treats after most of the shots...? I'm glad that she did go down, though. Watch for tonight's #'s.

21. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh of course! watching blackie's progress has become an obsession :mrgreen:

22. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

She could have her own tv show if this keeps up. :lol:

I'm currently making more boiled chicken, and the little bugger decided that my hand was as tasty as the raw chicken that it sat on. Despite the flat hand, she still went for it instead of the chicken.

23. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

The lower PMPS is intriguing... could be a good sign, or a darned red herring!!! Maybe you will see some good #s tonight, who knows! That would be awesome if it happens, but if not, that's ok too, you will still get to good #s one way or another!!!

24. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Joanna, she threw me a 322(?) last night at +5. Not bad, but like the rest of you, I would like to see some good #'s, too. Stay tuned for the next episode of... "Blackie's Quest".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.