07/21 Boomer AMPS 162 +3 130 +6 148 PMPS 149 +2.5 113

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 162 shooting .5u Doing a little bounce from yesterday's mid greens.

Boomer left most of his +3 and half of his +6 but ate the extra plate of food and all of his +9.

Allen ate very well last night; he had a very good poop mid day yesterday and another small one last night. He is feeling pretty good these days! I noticed yesterday that when he is laying down he is on his side and stretched out instead of constantly being in meatloaf position. He's active, playing a bit, and being social and wanting on our laps. He gives us frequent "hugs" (aka headbutts). And he's eating very well! He still likes to graze so we give him the opportunity every 1.5 hours (ish) during the day and at night he has full access to his 3 dish buffet. We have changed his weekly fast from 12 hours to 8 hours (ionized calcium was still fine at 8 hour fast) and now we've moved it to 4 hours and will have his ionized calcium tested probably next month to ensure the Alendronate is still helping with only a 4 hour fast.

Today is supposed to be rainy/stormy all day :p but as usual I have lots of indoor chores and projects to do.

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Nice to hear boys are happy and well today. Storm is moving in tonight here.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wow, Judy, Boomer is rocking the temporary reduction!

We are getting the storm coming up from the south later today and it will be storming all night long. Apparently the storm you have now is going to meet up with our storm. Fun.

4. Judy and Boomer

That does sound like a good time :eek:
    He brings his mid-cycle numbers down nicely on this dose; the problem is those darn PS numbers!

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

It is nice of him to give the lows during your waking hours. But, it is curious that he runs higher in the PM.

ETA: Just a thought.....what if you reduced his PM calories. Maybe give him the bulk of them during the AM and skinny then during the PM?

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Love this report!

7. Judy and Boomer

He doesn't eat all his PM food now. He used to wake me at 2:00 am every night so I started giving him some extra food at +3. He always eats that right away, then if he's still hungry he will polish off his auto feeder +3. He usually doesn't eat his +6. His +9 is just a wee snack with 3 pieces of chicken added. So he likely eats a wee bit less than during the day.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  8. Judy and Boomer

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Boomer keeps heading down today. Great update for Allen.

10. Judy and Boomer

11. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 149 shooting .5u

12. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.