07-22 Pretty Girl - AMPS 182 - PMPS 477

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JeanW, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeanW

JeanW Member

Yesterday

This morning Pretty Girl's BG number was the lowest it's been in forever.

I did not do mid-cycle tests last night. I had to lay off the extra poking yesterday. But I did get up in the night several times and check on her and she seemed really good - alert, moving around, not begging for still more food all the time even though there was some out.

I also got up at 4 AM and picked up the leftover food. And she was really good this morning too. Hungry but not begging for food 2 hours before test/food/shoot, active, purring, interacting with the other cats, lots of grooming.

I did not give her a shot this morning. I'm not comfortable doing that with her number this morning until I have more history on my sheet.

@Chris & China, Pretty Girl heard you!

Have a great day! :bighug:

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

She came down nicely from that black last night. :cat: Don't shoot to the moon today Pretty Girl.

JeanW likes this.
  3. JeanW

JeanW Member

Thank you @Osha. She does better with lower BG numbers when I don't feed the Purina DM and feed only the Nature's Logic but sometimes Purina is the only thing she wants to eat.

I'm going to order some different varieties of Nature's Logic this week and see if that will help me eliminate the Purina DM altogether.

4. JeanW

JeanW Member

Tonight Pretty Girl's PMPS number was 477. High but a bit less so than last night.

She mostly seems pretty good but not quite as good as this morning. Must be doing something right - she has purred more in the last week than in a very long time. Also I generally can tell when she feels good cause she comes and sits on me and purrs quite loudly. That's happened quite a few times in the last several days.

Thanks to all for your advice and encouragement.

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I remember clearly the day that I caught China grooming herself....it was about 10 days into treatment and I suddenly realized it had been forever since I'd seen her do any grooming!!

I was literally in tears because my cat was licking herself!!!

Soon after, she started playing games she hadn't played in a very long time. I had figured she was just "too old" for games, but once she started feeling better, she went back to playing like she had when she was much younger.

I often say that the insulin was more like water from the Fountain of Youth for China!

JeanW and Susan&Felix(GA) like this.
  6. JeanW

JeanW Member

I had a similar experience with realizing I hadn't seen her doing much grooming. It's so great to see it again.

And makes me look at my other cats and wonder how much / if they're doing enough grooming. Or any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.