07/23 Roo: AMPS = 309, +8.25 = 219, +10.75 = 249 // PMPS = 266 - potential heart disease

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Armish & Roo, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Yesterday

Roo is feeling like a pretty pink princess again this morning :p

We're going to the vet later today, I wanted to talk to her about his breathing and drooling issues - maybe there's something going on that might be affecting his BG? Please send some vines for Roo, he absolutely hates the vet poor baby :(

The weekend can't come fast enough for a curve! Hope everyone has a great day :bighug:

AmandaE likes this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending vetty vines

Armish & Roo likes this.
  3. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Thank you :bighug:

4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Hope everything goes well at the vet Armish! vetty vines for Roo! I hope nothing is wrong :)

Let us know what you find out :)

Armish & Roo likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vetty vines.

Armish & Roo likes this.
  6. Margie and Jackson

Margie and Jackson Member

Best wishes for Roo.

Armish & Roo likes this.
  7. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

Catcat hopes the issues are nothing much, and easily fixed -- hopes your vet is as nice as his ... waiting for you to come play today

Armish & Roo likes this.
  8. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Thank you Amanda, will do! Fingers crossed its just him being a weirdo and nothing is actually wrong. Nervous to talk to the vet about why his dose is so low compared to what she assigned, she never responded to my curve email explaining SLGS :nailbiting: Just have to stand my ground with her :stop:

AmandaE likes this.
  9. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Thank you Carla :)

10. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Thank you! Jackson has been having some great numbers lately, so happy for you!

Margie and Jackson likes this.
  11. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

I hope so too! Roo misses playing with Catcat, hopefully he will come down to hang out soon :)

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  12. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Just got home and Roo is at 219, yay for a low yellow! He did have a snack about an hour ago but I put some Gabapentin in it so hopefully that calmed him down to go to the vet. On our way in a few, fingers crossed he doesn't pee everywhere again :nailbiting:

CandyH & Catcat and AmandaE like this.
  13. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

I am feeling his wrath at the vet right now

Attached Files:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  14. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Waiting for blood test results. Roo has a heart murmur so they are checking for heart disease. She said this is new because it wasn’t there at the last appointment or dental. :arghh:

15. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Home now, here's an update: Roo is doing fine right now and actually chilled out considerably at the vet, we had some nice bonding cuddling time while waiting for the test results.

The blood test results came back as abnormal meaning potential for heart disease. We are scheduling an echocardiogram to confirm later this week or earlier next week. I am really worried but not much I can do at this point. Vet said that it could still be possible that he's fine and the murmur isn't a huge deal.

So guess I'm gonna be out a few hundred more $$ and have potentially a second health issue to add to Roo's list. Oh bub, wish you'd give mama a break for a little bit.

16. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: ,, not that it makes any difference, but I've been living with a heart murmur and a leaky atrial valve since I was a teenager, maybe before;
    did not stop me from doing short course triathlons, playing soccer both indoor and outdoor, racewalking or jogging 10Ks and even a 15K that finished uphill, acting as ski instructor, also did quite a bit of cross-country .. I "passed" the treadmill stress test at Kaiser, actually interesting to look at monitor and SEE the leakage

of course, cardiomyopathy is a different kettle of fish

17. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry to hear this Armish! I hope it isn’t too serious :bighug:

Vines for Roo!

I hope someone here has some experience with heart disease in cats, of not here then probably on Main health

Armish & Roo likes this.
  18. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Armish & Roo and AmandaE like this.
  19. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Thanks for the support all, fingers crossed that everything turns out okay. Even if it is heart disease, we'll power through just like we are doing with the diabetes :cool:

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  20. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear, Armish. I'm glad you're getting an echo. Just curious: What was abnormal about the blood results that pointed to heart disease?

I don't know anything or much at all about heart disease but my experience at the vet when patients come in for CHF: they do breathe heavily and rapidly. The medication they're usually on is fortekor (not sure what it does) and furosemide (diuretic). And of course, keeping stress away from kitty!!

Armish & Roo likes this.
  21. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Thank you for the support! They haven't confirmed that it's heart disease, waiting to get the echo for that, but she said based on the blood test that if it came back normal, then he was all good and the heart murmur was nothing to worry about and if it was abnormal then we would have to investigate further. I'll call in the morning to see if they can tell me exactly what was abnormal but all I know for now is that they did a Cardio proBNP SNAP test based on my invoice. She told me to confirm his heart rate while sleeping as well so she has more info.

Doing some googling, it says that the test can indicate "stretch and stress on the myocardium" - so maybe if the test said abnormal results, that means potential for heart disease because its causing stress on his heart?

22. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Bronx has had a heart murmur for years & does not cause any issues at all, prayers that Roo is the same :bighug:

23. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Some kitties do have “it’s just a murmur”, especially senior kitties with aging hearts. An echo is an excellent idea. Neko had one because she had a murmur, was a Maine Coon cross and had acromegaly. Cardio vet found murmur was just an aging heart thing, with mild cardiomyopathy, barely out of range. It took a few years before anything progressed more than that. Since heart issues can sneak up on you, it’s good to get Roo’s checked out and if they see nothing, you have a baseline. Paws crossed for a boring echo. :bighug:

AmandaE and Armish & Roo like this.
  24. Margie and Jackson

Margie and Jackson Member

I’m not really religious, but bless you for caring for Roo. I just requested Jackson’s medical records from his original cgs.. lots of vacations and no time to give Jackson shots. ..

25. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

I hope so too :bighug:

Hoping the boring wish comes true! I want to get it done asap so I can start all the googling and reading like I did with diabetes. :joyful:

AmandaE likes this.
  26. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

I'm just a mama who would do anything for her child, even if he's a tiny one covered in fur - nothing special here :p I hope everything turns out to be boring in Jackson's records!:bighug:

AmandaE and Margie and Jackson like this.