07/24 Sunshine AMPS 376

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PumpkinsMom, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

I skipped what should have been the PM shot yesterday so that I could get back on a schedule. 1AM/1PM is not a schedule that I can work with. I gave her her AM shot at 4:40am because one dog decided it was time to go pee so all the dogs wanted to go out. Which is fine, she wasn't red yet which made me happy. I wasn't thrilled by the 376 but I expected it.

She came bopping down FAST though this morning. She did eat as soon as I put food down. Then Pumpkin came in her room today and visited her. He started eating her food (he's a little piggy) and then she was like, "whoa, wait, that's mine" and pushed him away so she could eat again. She happily ate Sheba Cuts this morning but it's 14% carbs.

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Well not terrible for a skip and a plummet down yesterday and at least she's eating. Baby steps of progress. If she keeps eating even 14% carbs we can work around it. Just like shooting around other meds.

Mel and The Fur Gang

3. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

I have some lower carb stuff that she sometimes eats. I just feel like it would be really hard to regulate her if she's eating 1% some times and 14% other times. Should I stop trying to give her the low carb stuff since she, for now, consistently likes the 14%? I wonder how many times I can return food to Care-A-Lot before they get weird about it!

4. MommaOfMuse

I would. Because you're right can't regulate if we can't keep her eating around the same carb load. Might take OTJ off the table for her but hey there are worse things than a life on insulin. Autumn is a lifer because her thyroid is damaged and I still couldn't ask for a better girl. So what if Sunny never comes off she's still a beauty that would make someone a great addition to their family. Heck if I wasn't full to the rafters here I'd take her but I take in anyone else and I'd be shopping for a new DH (unless its a long haired black male..DH lost his buddy to cancer two years ago..I know his weakness lol)

Mel and The Fur Gang

5. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

Sunny is a long-haired black male....trapped in a short-haired grey female body....

6. MommaOfMuse

I can get a lot of things past him but even I can't explain that away. Lol. I'm still trying to explain how an old high school friend went from Randy to Brandi and I like Brandi better than I ever did Randy and no I don't think it's odd she's marrying a woman. Lol. Or that he is now a she. So I think explaining a transgender kitty is way over his head. -snicker-

Mel and The Fur Gang

7. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Just a thought for you, Jenna. I feed my cats Fancy Feast Chunky Chicken and Chunky Turkey. They are low carb, but they don't make it onto most of the "preferred" low- carb lists because they contain wheat gluten. There's also a FF Chunky Chopped Grill Feast, but my cats don't care for that one.

You might want to give the finicky little Missy a try on those flavors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.