07/25 Blackie AMPS 447

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Yep. She threw me a nice fat, red. Went to the vet's yesterday and got a prescription for and picked up Lantus yesterday. So, am going to try that and see what happens. Don't worry, I'll still post on here and on LL, too. :) After all.. Blackie DOES have her own show now. :)

2. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Now that she's on Lantus, I did a check at +2. 396 @ 7:57 a.m. It's going down. Let's see how far this goes today. I understand that I need to keep this dose for about 3-5 days, and it'll take about 3 days to see results (if I remember correctly).

And the saga continues... LOL

3. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck on the Lantus. I hope it does the trick for you and Blackie. Don't be a stranger to PSIsland.

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Rob, no worries about my being a stranger on PZI Land. LOL Like I said in a previous post, Blackie has her own "message board show" here. :) I need to keep everyone up to date on her progress. :) I think Blackie has her own cheering squad, too. :)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Angela i read an article about shooting cats and it said that scruff shooting sometimes does not get readily absorbed by the cat and the scruff hold a certain about of tough muscle tissue, not the under the skin area we are looking for.
    If you've been scruff shooting give it a try eles where on the body.
    just a thought.
    It's even here on one of the initial newbie stickies on health.

6. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

I'll try behind the front legs. @ +5, she's 343. Interesting how this is working on her. This is, after all, only the first day. Going to be a very interesting 5-7 day period.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've seen that Lantus spends the first few days building a shed rather than actually working on the current bg's so I think it's not at all unusual to see barely any results initially.
    Then hang on to your strips becuase POW. when it kicks it can kick in suddenly but you only know from those mid cycle tests.
    Great peeps over there. It's a family unit.

8. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

I think I'll save the strips from here on out. I've tested enough today. The last test will be at PMPS, then will test about 4x tomorrow, too.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

angela why don't you look up ele and blackie and also nicawam(?) as they left pzi couple of months back and maybe can give you good tips or their experience with the changeover. i'm sure if you just post in their condo they would be happy to see you there as an ex-patriot!

10. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

We just switched too. Oscar continually dropped that first cycle with Lantus and then the numbers were all over the place with no pattern for the first few days. We then went back into the same flat line pattern as with prozinc and then BAM - the past few days have shown signs of it really kicking in for us. With Yoda it was more of a predictable pattern trend, but he wasn't on prozinc very long at all.

11. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Sarah and Buzz (of WYR & Friday Five fame) also switched recently to Lantus, so she's a good resource as well. Hope things go great with Lantus, and please do keep us posted how Blackie is doing. We soap opera addicts need our fix. ;-) And of course we are all rooting for her!!!!!!!!!

12. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

I know I just posted this on the "Blackie Saga" thread, but I wanted to share the good news! :)

Well... GOOD NEWS!!! :) Here are Blackie's #'s from today (so far) = 1.0u of Lantus:

AMPS - 447 @ 5:54 a.m.
    +2 = 396 @ 7:57 a.m.
    +4 = 393 @ 9:43 a.m.
    +5 = 343 @ 10:57 a.m.
    +6 = 361 @ noon
    +9 = 372 @ 2:30 p.m.
    PMPS = 294 @ 5:45 p.m.

So far... So good. :) I'm very cautiously optimistic here. I understand it'll take about 3 days for it to actually take affect. The ONLY other time that she was in the 200's at PMPS was on July 4th, where she was at 280.

Stay tuned for the next episode of... "Blackie's Diabetic Saga"... (or whatever catchy title you want to call it. LOL)

CHECK OUT HER SS, ESPECIALLY AFTER PMPS AT +4! AWESOME!!!! (P.S. Sorry for the colorful caps... I'M HAPPY!!!! :D

13. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay, look at all those yellows!!! Hope you see a few blues soon!

14. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Hehehehe Umm.. I had pinks, girl... Pinks. And perhaps a couple of yellows thrown in for good measure. :) Despite the fact that I'm now using Lantus, I'm going to continue posting on here. I KNOW you folks are on the edges of your seats waiting for the chapter in Blackie's sweet, little cute life. :) LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.