08/29/2011 Spitzer; civvie Mason and stray Elf

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by BJM, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Spitzer's tummy seems to have calmed down enough that he'll eat without needing drugs to help him. He needs to put on a couple pounds as he is rather bony. I've been experimenting with the BG Turkey and Giblets, but he's not real fond of it, so I've been mixing it with Fancy Feast Turkey & Giblets, and Special Kitty Turkey and Giblets (which apparently WalMart is discontinuing - see post in Community). He's on a fat 1/2 unit, pending a chance to do another curve on him next weekend or maybe Wednesday as I'm staying home to do some fall cleanup. I've seen him playing, grooming, and purring.

Mason, the terrified tabby civvie I trapped, was actually on top of the carrier in his crate this morning. Once he realized I was up and about though, he wedged himself between the carrier and the far wall. He has found the litterbox and seems to be using it. The postings I've put up about finding him got 3 responses and none were his owner(s). Due to his fearfulness, I suspect he's mine for good ... like I really needed another cat!!!

added: Elf has been spotted hanging around, but may have been scared off by Mason being trapped.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  2. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

Re: 08/29 Spitzer; civvie Mason

good of Mason. What about Elf?

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Re: 08/29 Spitzer; civvie Mason

There have been some Elf spottings, but I think Elf must have seen Mason caught in the trap and is being wary due to that. Elf is very skittish and does not seem to be getting much bigger.

I've postponed re-setting the trap because of holidays coming up, limited vet hours, stuff to re-arrange to make another quarantine area ... and the $2,000 I spent on Spitzer at the emergency vet a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.