09/09 - Gremlin - AMPS 155, +6 99, PMPS 194

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Gremlin (GA), Sep 8, 2018.

1. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

4th September

Can cats get gastro like humans?
    First Buster was sick and now Gremlin :arghh: PM - took ages to get him to take his hyperthyroid tablet, many tries. Then he refused to eat any dinner, so no insulin at PM. Has had diarrhea for around two days. Vomited liquid at PM +2. Ate small amount at PM +4.5. Vomited at PM +5.5, lots of liquid, tiny bit of food. He's already too skinny! And Buster ate all the food left out and he is way too fat!!

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Sounds like with both Buster and Gremlin sick that they either have a kitty virus or did you change the food?

What are you doing for the diarrhea? S. Boulardii is a good probiotic to give. Not sure if you can get it there, , it's called Florastor. It's pricey but works well. You can find it cheaper online but you need now.

The directions for use is to put 1/2 capsule into food twice a day. That will be the tricky part if he's not eating well. Once the diarrhea stops, then give 1/4 capsule twice a day for another 3-4 days as a maintenance dose.

I hope he feels better ASAP.

3. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Buster was sick after his dental last week. He's been good for several days now. Grem started recently.

I'm almost always trying new foods in Grem but I only give him tiny amounts in with his regular food. Food changes have been going on for months though. Ever since I found out he has CKD.

Grem has eaten a good amount this morning but he's outside so I'm just hoping he'll keep it down. His appetite was good though! And only two tries with the tablet this morning.

No idea if I can get that probiotic. I'll have to check websites for local chemists. And most are shut today as its Sunday.

Thank you!

4. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

P.S. I really, REALLY hope Luna doesn't get this too... I'll have to shave her butt fluff! It could be very messy otherwise :confused:

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Grem feels better soon and Luna doesn't get sick. Sending prayers.

6. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Thanks Carla!

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

If you can't get the probiotic, can you get Slippery Elm Bark? That helps to heal the gut. Or plain kefir is loaded with probiotics.

8. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Hope Gremlin feels better!