09/21/2011 Spitzer, Mason, Elf, et al

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by BJM, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Previously

Spitzer is doing OK. I had to shift shot times earlier (slowly) to accomodate a medical procedure and if I can just keep it going @ 7:30 am and pm, I'll be able to do a curve this weekend. He's running around 0.75 - 1.0 units of the Lantus.

I've stabilized feeding everyone on the Sophisticat and Fancy Feast Turkey & Giblets and they seem to be eating it without anyone vomiting or having diarrhea, other than the ubiquitous furballs from the long hairs.

Elf is still coming to be fed and seems to be getting larger. I'll start setting the trap to see if I can catch her.

Civvie Mason turned out to have fleas after all, plus roundworms and hookworms, so all 12 cats have been given Frontline plus. (Civvie Farral lost fur where she was spotted.) Mason was not amused at being given wormer, but maybe now he'll start putting on some weight. He's still sequestered in a 4' long dog crate stacked on top of another crate so he can see, but not do much interacting with everyone. Whenever I reach into his crate, he hisses but never bites or strikes. Two more weeks and I worm him again, 4 more weeks and all 12 get Frontline again.

Farrall has a cold, probably viral as her bloodwork was all good. Civvies Precious, Street, and Moppet are scheduled for dentals next week. I'll have to go pull money out of my small savings account as that'll be a good $500-1,000total after checkups, pre-surgery bloodwork plus the dentals and possibly some extractions.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  2. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dearest BJ,

Sometimes life sucks. Sometimes life sucks big time.

I'm about a month away from living in my car. I have absolutely no clue how to do so. But, I know where to get ice to keep Nik''s insulin properly chilled.

I honestly don't understand anything any more...

Love and encouraging hugs,
    Deb...

3. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Hi, guys!

sending healing vines to all your furkids...

celi & binks

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

I'm thinking you've got way on your plate than I do. What can we do to help?

5. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

You just keep taking care of Spitzer, Mason, Elf et al, okay, dearest BJ?

And yourself, especially.

Nikki will always be okay. Trust me. Yes, there are times, like this morning when she was 271 instead of her normal 100s, that I said, well, you don't need to know what I actually said...

Please forgive my pity party. Nikki has become used to a 3-floor poop dance. I'll figure something out.

Much love and my apologies to everyone -- especially you, dearest BJ,
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz, who's probably less than proud of me today, but understood my tears on her fur and who sent me Nikki...

6. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

No apologies are needed.

If any of us can help in any way, I suspect they'll volunteer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.