09/22 Jerry AMPS 155 +1:50 127 +2 89 +3 66 3:50 59 +4 64 +5 79 +6 82 +8 100 PMPS 135 +2 167 +5 189

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jerry dutchboy, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

yesterday

Sorry I've been offline but our computer crashed yesterday morning and I couldn't update. I could see your comments on my phone but couldn't update the SS. Anyway DH worked on it and got it up and running again.

Well, that's out of the way. Jerry likes this dose a bit too much dropped to 35 at +3 in the PM cycle. I kept the dose for the AM today but I think I will need to reduce for the PM cycle. What do you think @Marje and Gracie I could do with some input. Hate to change the dose again so quickly but I don't want him dropping into the 30's and this AM I've been feeding the curve to keep him steady.

Have a lovely day everyone.:)

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Yes, you should take a 0.25u reduction.

Just some thoughts for next time, it’s usually good to be a little extra vigilant the first several cycles on a new dose when the old dose is almost getting them where they need to be.

I know you have a life but I’d try to stick as close to testing at +2 as you can. I understand that it’s sometimes just not possible. But when you see such a big drop between PS and +2 or +2.5, you’ll want to increase the carbs and test again in 20-30 mins max.

Jerry dutchboy likes this.
  3. Jerry dutchboy

If you are talking about pm cycle yesterday I did. After the 52 at 2.5 I fed and tested 30 minutes later then every 20 until he came up at +4. I get what you mean though I know I was late on the +2.
    I'll reduce this PM, thanks.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I see Jerry is keeping you on your toes. I hope he keeps surfing on the new dose.

5. Marje and Gracie

And please don’t think I was offering my comments as criticism. Again, it’s just observations for future situations.

Perhaps I thought you waited longer to test because of the way the testing times are recorded on the SS. The way you would normally do it is in 15 minute increments (rounding to closest one). For example:

If you test at 4 hours and 15 minutes after shot time, it would be +4.25
    If you test at 4 hours and 30 minutes after shot time, it would be +4.5
    If you test at 4 hours and 45 minutes after shot time, it would be +4.75.

When I looked at his SS and you had +2.3, I assumed that was at 2 hours and 30 minutes after shot time. Then the next test was at +3.2 which I thought perhaps was three hours and twenty minutes after shot time which is almost an hour from the previous test. Apologies if I misunderstood.

And again, I get the testing at +2.5; we have things that come up and the time gets by us before we know it. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Good job feeding the curve and keeping Jerry safe. I hope the reduction helps:D:bighug:

7. Jerry dutchboy

Marje, I certainly didn't take your comments as any form of criticism I know that you are only trying to educate me as we go along. Can't say I'm the best student though. I filled in the sheet from notes taken last night and unfortunately I forgot one. After I got the 52 at +2.50 I did test again at +3 and he was at 45 so that's when I started feeding and testing every 20 mins. I've adjusted the SS with the corrected times (I think I got it right). Thanks for that I had no idea there was a method... see still learning something everyday.:)

8. Marje and Gracie

Oh great! That helps a lot but, just as a reinforced lesson, I would have fed that 52 with higher carb food to stop the drop and try and keep him above 40. I don’t mean to be repetitive but just wanted to be sure that was clear because it’s important.

And remember...it takes almost 30 mins for HC food/gravy to affect the BG. So if you feed it and test in 15 mins, you might not see the BG affected and so will feed more HC. That can sometimes work against you if the first round of HC works for him. Make sense?

However, if you pull out the syrup or honey, it typically will affect the numbers in 15 mins and that’s why we use it for those numbers below 40.

And you are very welcome!

9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

It'll get better over time Deidre :) Might not hurt to set the alarm and get a 1+ when you have a low blue PS number - just to get a heads up about where Jerry is headed...he looks like he's liking those blues and greens .. :D:D

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Jerry is a busy boy working the insulin.

11. Jerry dutchboy

I don't usually go to bed until after I get a +4 so I can go to bed and not worry. If it looks as if he might be on the lower range I stay up until his +5. He normally nadirs around that time.:bighug:

12. Jerry dutchboy

Got it thanks.

Marje and Gracie likes this.