09/28 civvie Farrall update - not good; 11pm

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by BJM, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

previously

Took Farrall in for x-rays, and if needed, fluids, dextrose, repeat bloodwork, etc.

Vet just called. X-rays developing & it looks like fluid in chest &/or lungs. Farrall is having difficulty breathing and is now on oxygen. I OK'd tapping the chest to relieve pressure and get specimen. Vet will call back shortly.

5:20 pm update
    70 cc fluid removed & she is breathing better
    heart rate is 100-120 - normal

It is a clear straw colored fluid and the vet is thinking it may be heart failure or an intra-thoracic mass (can't see on x-ray, too much fluid remaining. If it were more cloudy, the vet would consider FIP a possibility.

Vet is going to tap other side in a bit and give Lasix. They do not have 24 hour staff so I will be transporting her to MedVet for overnight care and possibly ultrasound in morning (I'm guessing they will recommend it).

11:10 pm update
    After almost 200 cc of fluid removed and Lasix given, I drove her to MedVet. They pulled another 100 cc of fluid out put her in oxygen cage. Said they may have to tap her again during the night if she has more trouble breathing.

She ate some food, more than the lick or two she did this morning.

Pulling that much fluid out of the body can mess up the chemical balance, resulting in heart attack. I told them not to resucitate her if she arrests.

2. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

Re: 09/28 civvie Farrall update - not good

I will be praying for Farrall...

3. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Hugs and prayers for you both....

4. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

BJ

Saying a prayer for Farrall right now. If you need anything please call me.

Terri

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Feel better and get better vines being sent to Farrall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.