1/01 Morris AMPS 346

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=588&p=5157#p5157

Well, I was kind of hoping that the first poke of 2010 would produce a better number than what it did! LOL! On the bright side, it could have been worse!

Morris was a little out of sorts this morning......dh & I had our annual New Years 'discussion' last night & he decided to sleep on the couch in Morris' room. I am not sure that Morris was impressed by this! We don't have much planned for today (although I am planning on a really nice dinner tonight), so I will get a few spot checks in later this afternoon (since he typically drops later in his cycle).

Thanks Cassandra for explaining how we usually just ignore these bounces. I sure hope his liver gets the hang of this soon & stops driving me nuts though! LOL! What is that magic number again we like them to be under so that their liver can work on healing?

Happy New Year's Day Everyone!!!

2. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Hi Gwen, the number for the renal threshold (when the kidneys begin to extract glucose from the blood and excrete it into the urine ) is usually between 180 - 270 and it different for each kitty. But that is the general range. When BigMac was on insulin I kept the number 250 in my head as the number I was aiming for... trying to get below that. I suppose the only way to know for sure is to test the urine every time for sugar and record when there is no glucose spilled into the kidneys. But who is going to do that? I figured the "range" was all I needed to know and aim for that. You know what I mean?

P.S. Thank you for the kind words in BigMac's once a year condo. :)

3. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Hi Gwen!
    Happy New Year! Sorry Morris wasn't green like your Christmas tree this morning; it will happen eventually. Perhaps, it's Morris's resolution for the new year. :)

If you can get a few more spot checks in the evening, it might help explain the morning numbers. You've been very good at getting a bed test I see, but am thinking that the next time he's bloo before you're ready to go sleepus, maybe you could set your alarm (or stay up) and get another test. I hope I don't sound pushy, because I don't mean to be. The cycles where Morris is getting good BG/insulin action (meaning when he's done bouncing), it's a good time to collect data. No doubt it will not likely be at a convenient time, but... it's good info for you to have.

Have a nice afternoon!

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

come on down from pink, Morris!

Helene has some good tips about how to know when to get additional spot checks.

5. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

His liver will learn eventually. It's just a matter of time, and the amount of time it takes is different for each kitty. Helene gave some great suggestions for extra testing. Will help us know perhaps why the liver is freaking out so much sometimes.

For pancreatic healing, we try to keep under 120 as often as possible. 50/60 to 120 is considered the normal range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.