1/01 Shadow AMPS=284, PMPS=365

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA), Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

+4=218
    +8=183
    AMPS=284 ~ Fat .75u (start 8th cycle)

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=570

Shadow ate 1/2 can FF this morning and was purring while receiving his shot....it's early yet....
    both in the day and in the year.. :D I am open to hearing any ideas or theories on his BGs if anyone
    has any thoughts on what is going on....
    Happy New Year to everyone out there in LL....hope you have a wonderful day!~

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/01 Shadow AMPS=284

I'm still thinking :roll:

sending blue's and greens thru my projectory gizmo thing :ugeek:

3. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Well, I'm not a dosing expert...but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night (joke :lol: )....but it looks to me like your dosecrease didn't hold. When it doesn't hold, you can go back to the last good dose without waiting.

Hope Shadow comes down shortly...his numbers were so good there for awhile, just like Morris', you hate to see them go to BLACK!

Have a great rainy day here in the Bay area...Morris has decided to stay inside since he got his cat napper for Xmas. Makes it much easier to get him for testing :twisted:

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm wondering whether the decrease is holding. Last night was the first blue you saw once Shadow's shed most likely was at the new dose. See how this cycle goes and maybe ask the dose team to review and advise.

5. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy New Year Pat!
    When is the last time you opened a new cart? I tried to see on your ss and the last date I see is 11/28. You may have started a new one but some of the print on your ss is so small I could not see very well.

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/01 Shadow +8=308 Dose???

AMPS=284 Fat .75u (8th cycle)
    +4=340
    +6=344
    +8=308

Levemir cartridge was opened 11/28. Should be good for another 2 weeks (at least, right?) He had gone down to 38 on 12/28 , therefore, he earned the reduction. I was afraid terrible days would follow. Very frustrating indeed. :?
    Been looking at his SS from the beginning and trying to get data on the moon's cycle with him....he always seems to be in a possible rebound during times of both the new moon and the full moon ~ and that black number yesterday was really extreme...
    As I said in my first post, I am open to all suggestions and if an increase is needed, I am up for that, of course! Thank you all for your input....
    he just seems to be struggling in his fight here and just when I think he is starting to get a handle on it, his numbers go higher...

7. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Re: 1/01 Shadow AMPS=284, +8=308. Increase dose?????

Happy New Year-
    I guess Pedro and Shadow went to different parties last night or the blue moon hit them both in opposite directions. Just can't wait to see what happens next.

8. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

We are using Levemir too, and I know it is supposed to last longer than Lantus....but, it seems whenever I get to around the 30 day mark I start to wonder if it's the insulin or what so rather than wonder, I rule that out by opening a new cart. And of course as soon as I do, I get action and end up wondering if it was the insulin or whether I wasn't patient enough...can't win. This time I just started a new cart at 30 days so I know the insulin is not part of the equation.

Hope he comes down soon....I know how anxious I get when I see those higher #s after watching a nice green and blue surf for a few days.

9. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

ok here's a thought, and everyone else, pipe in if my thought wouldn't make a diff.

is it possible cuz he goes from LC to HC back and forth, (cuz u kinda have to right? when he goes under 50-40) that it affects anything?

10. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

It's quite obvious Latte and Shadow WERE at the same party last night! Or did Shadow really come in when dropping Latte off and help her munch on the kibble? :? Inquiring minds want to know!

I hear ya, how frustrating this is. I wish I knew what to do, but we are in the same boat right now. Im changing the cartridge tonight. Does Lev last longer than Lantus?

Sorry for the ups and downs you two are having. Im really trying to focus on how Latte seems to be feeling okay. I hope Shadow is and you can recognize it to help balance out the frustration.

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I put out a note to the dosing team about Shadow's dose, someone will get back to you. Hang in there! Shadow sure does like to do things at his own pace, doesn't he?

12. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Truth be told, he seems all warm to the touch when his numbers are high...and he looks as if he knows that he is way
    above what is acceptable... I haven't seen a black number since Vetsulin days....back in Aug/Sept. Really shocked me.... :eek:

Sitting next to me now...an hour before scheduled fud...that Raja is swarming around too...she is instigating him. :)
    The Moon King really wanted to see the partial eclipse yesterday but we were not living in the right area to view it.
    At least he has stopped that blood-curdling howling....keep telling him he is NOT a werewolf! sigh....

13. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Awwww Pat! Just caught a glimpse of that stinkus ss. Is Shadow hungover from the party or what?! :roll:
    Come on back down Shadow!

14. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/01 Shadow PMPS=365

AMPS=284
    +4=340
    +6=344
    +8=308
    PMPS=365 fat .75u

Just don't know what to say anymore. :roll:

15. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

(((Pat)))

Don't let it get you down. You know Shadow will drop right down again soon!!

16. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Hey Pat, take Shadow back to the last good dose... a fat 1.0u, Okay? He seems to need more time on that fat 1 unit. Maybe the next time he earns a reduction it will hold. He doesn't need to hang out in the pink/reds any longer.
    So if you see this message before the morning shot, give him the increase.

17. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

18. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

((((Pat))))

Like Carolyn said, sometimes reductions hold and sometimes they don't. He'll come back down.

19. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

See you're being a night owl too, Pat! Dosecreases can be so tough sometimes. They get your hopes up & it's frustrating when they don't hold. Grrrrr. I think Bee's is probably temporary.

Please be gentile with yourself. You are on top of every itch Shadow scratches & he will drop and hold a dosecrease when he darn well decides to!!! Little bugger.

Raja is a success story & Shadow will follow. Just know that!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.