1/05 Gentle PM +6 96

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat or DC and Gentle, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat or DC and Gentle

Pat or DC and Gentle Well-Known Member

Good Morning all,

I did manage to get a +3 last night that was 103 but didn't get to post it Apologies. Gentle is having a good morning very playful and talkative BG, 3U shot and 1 small can of FF LC.
    Here is yesterday's posts.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1165&start=0

DonnCherie

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/05 Gentle AMPS 198

lol what's he saying? :lol:
    Looking like you'll see some more nice blues today!

Have a good day!

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

What a great start to the day for Gentle. I like to hear talkative and playful.

Enjoy your day today Gentle!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Nice blue to start Gentle's day.

5. Pat or DC and Gentle

Re: 1/05 Gentle PMPS 255

Gentle is doing well !

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/05 Gentle +7 278

whew, Gentle is coming down on his own already. :smile:

Hint: if you get a +3 that is that much lower than PS (like last night), it's a good idea to get another test before going to bed. If it continues to drop, then you would want to feed a little bit to try to throw Gentle onto his surfboard. He almost certainly went green last night and today he bounced from it, but we don't know HOW green he went.

An example of a typical Lantus curve can be found in the New to the Group sticky at the top of this forum: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=157

7. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Hello!!!!

I second Libby on the hint. Those bedtime tests are great, but sometimes they cause you to stay up a little longer... just sometimes.

Also... not to bring back old news, but I noted that Gentle had a dosecrease of 0.5U (from 3.5 to 3.0). Now I know that you asked at that time for an opinion and that's always a good thing to do, I believe you even got one.... in any event, short story to say that typical dosecreases (up or down) are generally by 0.25 U (also in Tilley protocol). It's not a big deal and at this stage, hang on to the current dose (again only my opinion) until you see whether Gentle needs an adjustment. Some cats even only get a dose shave (go visit Putty's condo today, you'll see).

Feel free to poke around LL and open other people's SS and see what's going on in their world... you'll notice that we all do the same dance!

last thing.... looks like Gentle's liver is a fast learner!

8. Pat or DC and Gentle

Re: 1/05 Gentle PM +3 173

thanks for the feedback ! We did spend quite a bit of time looking at other SS's today, it is very informative, also the lantus link is great.
    We both agree that Gentle had a bounce, we'll be doing a +6 tonight to see where he's at....also a ketone check.

He's having a great night already, running around and playing ! :oops:

We'll be watching the curve closer tomorrow.

patrick

9. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for a happy playing kitty :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.