1/05 Morris PMPS 427; +2 376

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1208

Question: Are these nice numbers a result of bouncing (from missing that dose on Sunday AM), or are these nice numbers here to stay?? We had been thinking he was bouncing last week.....could it have been due to too much insulin? Maybe skipping that 1 dose gave his body time to 'catch-up'? In any case, I am liking these numbers! LOL!

All of his P's seem to be in place. DH is wondering what I have been feeding him as 1 of his P's has been stinkier than usual lately! LOL! I am in the process of switching him back to clumping litter, so I guess soon I will be seeing 'how much' of that he has been doing as well!

Feeding/insulin question: Since lantus is a slower acting insulin, I realize it is not important for them to eat when we give or before we give their injection. If I remember correctly, I think we want them to eat within 2 hours after receiving their injection. If that is the case, would it be better for me to hold back his meal time for a bit after giving him his insulin? I normally give his insulin at 7:30 am/pm....I could then set his timed feeder to feed him his meal say 30mins after his insulin. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Also.....what have I missed here the past few days?!?! What's up with Rebecca's post about advice givers & dose experts?

2. Sherri & Stash (GA)

Sherri & Stash (GA) Member

Re: 1/05 Morris AMPS 200 & a couple of questions

Whoo Hoo! We've been doing the "holiday-bounce" also!

It's been suggested to me to make sure there is no food out two hours PRIOR to shot time. I make it a habit to set the automatic feeder for 15 minutes post shot, then +2 for a snack and +4 for a meal.

Don't ask. Legal stuff that got extremely emotional. I believe it's been carried over to Thought Tank... there is also a closed thread in Community.

3. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/05 Morris AMPS 200; +7.5 356 & a couple of questions

He has gone higher this afternoon.....will be interesting to see where he is later this evening. He has eaten the majority of his food today.....just a bite or two left in his bowl from breakfast, his +2 snack & his +5 snack.

4. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Hopefully he will come down for you before ps time :)

5. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

They are probably a result of consistently giving him the same dose...they ARE very nice numbers...and could be even better if you could get some mid-point checks so you can increase the dose....hint, hint.... :YMPEACE: :YMPEACE:

IMO a non-regulated diabetic cat should not have meals restricted IF THEY ARE HUNGRY and if they are at their ideal weight. Other than fasting 2 hours before the pre-shot test, I think it is better to give mini meals throughout the day. Remember, they are hungrier than a "normal" cat because their body is not using the food correctly.

I'm wondering too...it seems to have come out of left field and upset everyone...but things are settled down a bit now.

Morris is doing great...try and get those in between tests on the weekend so you can move on to the next (fun) level. confused_cat

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Right now, I think it's hard to know what the explanation for the numbers is. You've had blue pre-shot numbers a week or so ago. Having more spot checks will help to sort out what's going on.

That may be true some of the time. Numbers can drop quickly at any point in the cycle, including immediately after a shot (e.g., Gabby dropped 175 points within 2 hrs post-shot last night). Having food on board will soften a drop. You can certainly divide up Morris' food even more so that you are giving several small meals (mini-meals) especially early in the cycle as a means of feeding the curve. Practically speaking, how hungry is Morris at shot time? I think Gabby would start chewing on my ankle if I tested and shot and didn't feed her.

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Morris is probably refilling his shed from the missed shot, but it does look like he could have hit blue last night. Let's hope he starts heading back downward soon and gives you more blue by morning. :smile:

8. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/05 Morris AMPS 200; +7.5 356; +10 418

Looks like we have a bit of a bounce happening! I will get a +11 as well as his PMPS to see which direction he is heading in.

9. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/05 Morris AMPS 200; +7.5 356; +10 418; +11 430; PMPS 427

At least he is holding steady this evening & not going even higher!

I think he missed me the past few days.....I have been watching TV this evening in his room for a change (the past few days I have been in bed rather than visiting with Morris!) and he has been quite snuggly with me! It has been a very nice evening!

10. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

WOW! He is coming down nicely already! I was expecting to still see a food spike at this reading!

He is pretty content now......I told him I was done poking him for the day & his timed feeder will open up for him at any moment now! LOL! Then he can curl up on his fave cushion & go to sleep! The life of a cat! LOL! party_cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.