1/1/2010 Shadoe amps 371, +4 106!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo

So, it's a brand new day in a brand new year. After Shadoe's gigantic sea of pink last nite, I said pass on any +10 or 11 and slept in right up to amps time. As she walked all over me to get me up, I told her it would be nice to see some nice yellow and blue numbers today. I think she nodded her head in agreement, but it may have been just another ploy to get me up and put down food.

I sometimes wonder if I have been testing at the wrong end of the shots. Her lowest numbers are around +4 and quite often her ps is lower than her +10 or +11. We had a 387 at midnite, but then the pmps had dropped to 371. I am supposing it was just more of her pink zigzag nite.
    Yet now that I have said this observation, I can almost take it to the bank that Shadoe is going to change it all up again on me. Ugh.

Naturally, I am awake now, but she has toddled off to bed again, happy with a full belly and a fresh shot of juice in her, purring away. I do think she is quite content with her pinks, but with time, I hope to see her get more comfortable with yellow and then on down in the stressful world of blue/green sea.

HappyNewYear to everyone.
    May every kitty have a better year, and expect to see lots of OTJ parties this year.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe amps 371

5 P's patience perseverance possibilities positivity and plugging away! lol

nice WCR!

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe amps 371 +2 220

And we are off to the races today!
    What a crazy style - surf, surf, surf, BAM.

I was not going to test alot today; I guess I have to test this wave and see where we go.

So weird; she seems just as content at 371 as she is right now at 220. I need o watch closer maybe.

4. Ronnie & Luna

hmmm..I'd like to see a +3

5. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Gayle, I feel for you. But Shadoe is first and foremost a cat, and we all know a cat's job is to confuse the bejeebers out of the beans!

I sometimes wonder about these small ups and downs (the diff between 371 and 387 is so small a percentage) and how significant they are. We talk about the accuracy of a meter, but not much about reproducibility. I'm sure there is a range of numbers that are really "the same." All this is a long-winded way of saying not much else but hang in there. It's a new year!

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

And YOU thought you were not going to test a lot today eh?
    LOL Wonder what Shadoe thinks of that plan....it looks to me as if she has other ideas
    for your day...Plan B maybe? :D
    She means business today so beware! ;)

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Rascals! The whole lot of them!

About the meter accuracy - I have actually retested 2 times because what we got made me go HOLY MOLY! but the numbers were right, so I do plan to question the odd balls.

This +2 is something this girlie has done before, then looks at me like what? You wanted better, didn't you?

She is feeling just fine; she has already charged at Booboo a couple times, just cuz, and sent poor Booboo hissing and screeching into hidey spots.

I'll definitely test on the hour to see where she intends to go with her numbers today.

8. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

good morning,Gayle!
    Love your postings. You will have the fun with poking today.
    Hope the New Year brings You whatever You wish!
    Bo

9. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

To rephrase a different quote: Man plans, cats laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Great to see Shadoe coming down...that's a pretty steep drop for her. I'm so glad you are getting to see some good numbers finally, you have been so patient.

Have a wonderful day and I hope you, your family and your kittehs have a terrific, happy, HEALTHY New Year!

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe amps 371, +2 220, +3 144

OK saddle up; it's looking like one of her speedy days today.

I will be testing Shadoe again at +4 unless someone thinks otherwise should be done.

Yet again, I try to figure out what triggered this movement. All I can think is that I fed her some food with more carbs as a New Years treat LOL.
    I give up.

I have been giving her a tbsp of diced black forest ham lunchmeat slices at each test as I ran out of frozen chicken dices.

While I sit, waiting to do +4 test, I am thinking at Shadoe over and over:
    Don't you bounce, missie; no bouncing allowed, don't bounce, don't bounce, don't bounce. Too many times ya think?

11. Ronnie & Luna

AH-HAA!!! blue!

:lol:

u asked for it!

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

There's that saying:
    Be careful what you wish for; you may just get it!

I can relate well now!

13. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe amps 371 +4 106!

hello? Now what!!

I need to prepare, methinks. If she gets down to green, the bounce will be how bad?

I am still giving a tbsp of chopped ham with each test; she is drinking a bit of water and still has a bit of food left in her 945am bowl of food.

I did not have to get her or call her for this last test; her internal alarm clock went off and she walked over to me at the top of the hour. So weird is her timing.

14. Ronnie & Luna

bump

nice blue!

15. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

told ya!!!!!!

I give you permission to test today (yeah, I know, you were waiting for my permission). Maybe she'll peek at green before the bounce starts. And yes, she'll bounce, but she'll unbounce too.

16. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe amps 371, +4 106, +5 128

Alright folks, nothing to see here now; show's over. Move along.

Actually, maybe I scared her number higher by getting the vac out. She hides under a stool in the bathroom, and watches me. Then she comes out when the rug is done.

She is drinking a bit more water than normal, or else she has decided to drink out of the water bowl today instead of her requested bathtub faucet drip.

Another test coming up in an hour. Just in case.

17. Ronnie & Luna

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe amps 371, +4 106, +5 128

***hey not bad! drinking alot this morning? Could it be the deli treats? Kinda salty no?

18. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe amps 371, +4 106, +6 153

So far, so good; surfing a nice blue wave here.

And nope, I don't expect the ham because I get only lean and low salt and low everything else when it comes to meats. The pack was supposed to be for my lunches next week; I had no chicken cooked up so Shadoe got the ham. She has had a small bit of the fresh cooked chicken this morn and she totally prefers it so the rest of my ham is for me!

Shhh, don't say the B word; I think Shadoe is enjoying this low so I hope she holds it for awhile longer.

19. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Shadoe is strutting her stuff for the New Year!

20. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe amps 371, +4 106, +7 178

I know it may be too much to ask, but it would be great to have finally moved down the color ladder.

Shadoe seems to be holding the rise to a slow and steady upward trend.
    Maybe it`s my thx for the fresh chicken cubes.

Now I don`t know what to test for fear of missing part of the story.

21. Ronnie & Luna

+9 and +11 would be one's I would do....and then... we wait ...lol

22. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

What a beautiful run of blues! This dose has really kicked into gear for you. It brought Shadoe down but not by a scary cliff-hanging drop. More - we want more like this, please. Love it.

23. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe amps 371, +4 106, +10 362

Well, so much for the blues for today. We both decided to nap, and 3 hrs later, we are back in the pinks.

I guess it`s OK because we know she can get down there. Now, we just get her to stay down there!

So weird about numbers; she does not seem any different now as she was 3 hrs ago.

Tonite should be interesting.

24. Ronnie & Luna

You had an awesome breakthru today Gayle, so no stressing too much about tonite k?

25. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Shadoe blues are gorgeous. Enjoy them.

26. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe loving the blues!

You know, when I look at those numbers, the colors, I get the impression that her body is finally more accepting of the insulin, and then near the end, the juice just runs out, and up she goes. I don`t really see it as any bounce because she is just where she started at amps.

I am definitely pleased with today`s numbers, and am ready for tonite.
    Let`s see if we get a repeat string of blue; that would be great!

27. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

very very nice day for Shadoe. :D

28. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe pmps 364, +1 371

Not too shabby a day so far. I'll test over the eve so I will know if the pattern continues.

Shadoe is happy happy, and seems to have enjoyed her blue day.

29. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Very pretty blue surf. Not only did Shadoe enjoy the lower numbers, I bet she enjoyed all of the treats!

30. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe pmps 364 +4 286

slower drop tonite but yellow is better than pink.

I'll take it!

31. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe pmps 364 +4 286

What a beautiful blue day! And already on the way back down - a great sign! :)

32. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1/2010 Shadoe pmps 364 +4 286 +5 310

It is looking like all those blues tired her out, so only one short yellow for me tonite.

I am fine with it because she is literally bouncing around as if she has springs on her paws, and much more aware to sounds outside and is even playing way more with ball toys.

I'll get in another test or two, just to be sure she really is on her way back up.

It's been a good day. Hopefully tomorrow will be another.

33. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

How wonderful that you finally had a breakthrough!! You deserve it, you have been so patient...and so has Shadoe - in her own way. No the fun begins :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.