1/1 Checkers AMBG 67 PMBG 130, +1 102 OTJtrial day3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lukewithcats, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukewithcats

Lukewithcats Member

Couldn't believe my eyes looking at my SS this morning. Exact same reading 3 mornings in a row. Unreal.

I may be pushing testing back an hour after this we will see. I've begun removing the food for atleast an hour before testing to try to get the most reliable results possible. This morning I only waited one hour but ideally i will wait 2 so pushing testing back an hour would make it easier to always get 2 hours in.

This is going better then expected. Everytime i get my hopes up checkers throws me a curveball so i've been pretty much expecting the worst so i'm not let down but this mornings number is VERY exciting for me at least :cat:

yesterday

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

You're looking great Checkers! Keep it going and be the first 2016 kitty OTJ:joyful:

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Awesome! Way to do it Checkers! Go Checkers Go !

Lukewithcats likes this.
  4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Gooooooo, Checkers!

Lukewithcats likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Looking GREAT!

Lukewithcats likes this.
  6. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

Keep up the good work Luke & Checkers - we are all rooting for you!

Lukewithcats likes this.
  7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning! :coffee::coffee::coffee:

WOW, look at Checkers GO. This is really very nice to see. Keep those awesome BG's coming. :D:cool:

Lukewithcats likes this.
  8. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Checkers is a inspiration to us !! well done :D

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy New Year! Checkers is doing great. Can you add "OTJ Trial Day #" to you subject line each day so we can help cheer you and Checkers on and know what day he's on? Thanks.

10. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Checkers, you are one over-achieving talented little kitty! Way to go!!

11. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what others have already said to you, but a couple of things are coming to my mind. I'd want to not feed for a good couple of hours before breakfast/supper. Test just like you were doing when you gave insulin, then feed. If he's over 100, then retest him again about 3-4 hours later. You want to see his blood sugar dropping back down under 100 at that +3/4 test. That tells you that his pancreas is putting out insulin in response to eating, and that it's sufficient to pull his blood sugar back into normal range.

A second tip relates to the first - feeding small meals can keep from overburdening his healing pancreas. It can also keep that insulin production going and help keep his blood sugar in normal range. So other than the couple of hours before AMBG and/or PMBG when you're going to test him, it's ok for him to be grazing or nibbling.

All of this fits in with the OTJ trial directions that Sienne gave you:
    If he is green at your normal test times, no need to test further until the next "PS" time, just feed small meals and go about your day. If he is blue, feed a small meal and test again after about 3 hours. If his number is lower 3-4 hours after a meal, then his pancreas is working!

Post every day so we can monitor your progress and see if any tweaks are needed. It is not unusual for cats to get lots of blue during their trial, especially at first. Don't panic and don't shoot unless we tell you to.

Good luck! All the power of Lantus/Lev Land is behind Mr Checkers, cheering on his little pancreas! :D

12. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Look at Checkers go!!:D:D:D:D

13. Melissa24

Melissa24 Member

Go Checkers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.