1/1 Latte Amps- 252, +3- 136, +6~ 205, PMPS- 246, +4- 343

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!! :partyballoons: :mrgreen:

Glad Pat got Latte home before Amps. Hope you didnt kick her out because she was drinking so much. :lol: She carried on the party over here and guzzled down way more water than I like to see. She also ate her entire 1/3 c bowl of by the time I got home (pretty close to amps). You sure Shadow and Raja didnt stop in when they dropped her off?!!?! :?

It was GOOD to see her take care of her needs, as I think this may be the longest I have left her at home by herself for years...11hrs!!!!!!!!!! She sure had a lot to tell me about the party when i got home. ;)

All joking aside, her numbers are running higher the last what? 2 or 4 cycles? She is seeing more and more yellow - way up there. Im quite certain, knowing her pattern and seeing how much water was gone last night that she entered the land of pink. This just doesnt seem to be the typical progress she had been making over the last week or two. I am going to open a new cartridge tonight and see if that helps. If not much or any improvement in the first two cycles I may (regretfully) increase her dose back up to the 1.75. Does this sound like what I should do?

Is there any other potential rhyme or reason to her recent numbers that anyone could explain before I mentally prepare myself for a potential dose increase?

WBR - Probably the hardest I have ever worked last night and the most insulting tip wise. Really should have just stayed home -- seriously! :cry: And if you think a blue moon can affect cats?!??! Didnt go to sleep until after amps and only until +3 so I could test and do other meds. VERY very tired *yawn*. Now that latte is done telling me about her big night with shadow, raja, and everyone else who showed up, Im going back to bed. Check in later!

yesterday
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=546

2. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/1 Latte Amps- 252, +3- 136, +6~ 205

this is really upsetting.

3. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

I say open that new cartridge tonight and wait to see what happens over the next few days before you decide to increase.

There could be so many factors contributing. including the age of insulin and the full moon. She had been going so low recently, I'd pause a day or 2 before you rule out the above. JMHO.

The flip side of her running higher than you'd like today, is that you can nap worry and test-free for most of the day... :roll: Jack has been seriously digging our lazy day so far. Lya's out cold (?) on the radiator... :)

4. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Happy New Year!!! :)

She is running a little higher, and if you don't see green in the next day or two then I would take her up again. No stressing about dose increases or decreases, though. Doses do not stay static in most cases, especially not in newer diabetic kitties. We go up, we go down.....we adjust to their needs. So many things can affect insulin requirements, especially in a kitty with other factors to consider.

Sending many happy wishes and positive vines for the new year!

5. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

And this is the same condo that was freaking out over all the blues and greens last week :lol:

as Cassandra said, up down, down up, that is the way of the dance.

8 days since Latte has seen PINK

(you are doing such a great job with her!)

6. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/1 Latte Amps- 252, +3- 136, +6~ 205, PMPS- 246

Ya, doesnt it drive you crazy that I never know what I want?!!? Drives me kooky! :lol:

I think I was getting more comfortable as I saw her going to a certain point in the green zone and then stopping. The testing was very important for me to gain confidence in the process. HOWEVER, I am okay with her not hanging in the 50's because of the fact that one vomiting incident when Im not home could put her in danger. Its these higher yellow that are driving me crazy. Those are as scary as low green because it puts her at very high risk of infection, on top of the urge to drink so much provoking the gagging episodes.

Started a new cartridge tonight. I hope that helps. I go back to work on Tuesday a.m. and would really like to have at least 5 cycles of an increase in BEFORE I can no longer get spot checks in during the day. that means I should look at doing so tomorrow pm. I just hope this new cartridge will solve the problem.

7. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Happy new year! Ya know, I wouldn't do an increase just yet...you are starting a new cart, plus there's the blue moon to consider...just not a good time to make any dose changes. Give it a few more days then make a decision.
    Sorry you had to work last night....and didn't make good tips to boot...yucko. I hope you did have a good day of r&r tho! Enjoy your next few days off!!

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Latte is so cute....she brought her own tiara and throne last night....they all had such a good time....she is such a sweetie!
    No talk of their numbers AT ALL. (I think Shadow and Latte realized they were not happy with where they are
    presently, and well, everyone else was braggin about how great their BGs were, yadda yadda...and the two of them just went out on the
    terrace together, got some fresh air...and then stared up at the full moon....)
    Wish Raja wouldn't start that conversation all the time....sigh....

let's try to be patient...after all is said and done, maybe it is the moon....I am so tired of saying that though...LOL
    I noticed on Latte's SS that she had a 433 at pm+3 on 11/30. where did that come from? Full moon was 2 days later....
    maybe they will be elevated like this and if we just stay put and try to not stress, it will be ok...we can't go bouncing around
    with the doses so what else can we do, right? :) It'll be ok....fresh year, new start....all will be just fine...right? :?
    Thanks for you nice post in my condo....I appreciate it... :)

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

you and Latte are doing fine. See what the cartridge does, and if it doesn't do enough then you can fatten the dose.

10. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Don't get discouraged Carolyn! If you look through the other posts you'll see that most everyone had wonky numbers today!! I'd be much more p.o.'d about the lousy tips...cheapskates! :lol:

But seriously, Latte is doing great & you're a good, caring (frustrated) mommabean. This will be a great year for the kitties...I just know it. And Bee said they were all talking about it last night too. ;)

11. carolynandlatte

That one made me cry a little.

12. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Aww. I'm sorry. This stuff is hard because you care SO much. We understand, really we do. Latte will do better soon I'm sure and these steps forward and back are just part of the dance.
    I wish we could understand every move they make, but living things are just not gonna' be like my digital clock... which is always precise, always boring. :roll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.