1/1 Meowzi AMPS~284, PMPS~315

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by WCF and Meowzi, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

12/30 Condo

AMPS ~ 284 ... +1.25~UG +1/2%.100mls SQuids given at +2.
    +3 ~ 149
    +7 ~ 203
    PMPS ~ 315

WCR: Eating well. The extreme bounces don't seem to be bothering her.

WBR: Trying to sit on her hands. The extreme bounces are bothering the beans a lot.

This is cycle 8 of this dose. We backed her down to 75 ml LRS tonight to try to flatten the curve. This morning's sharp drop at +3 was solely the insulin at work; it had nothing to do with fluidage or food. she didn't get her 100 mls SQuids till +3, and her fluidage onset isn't till 2 hours after administration. She was fed half her breakfast at +0.25, and finished the second half of it by +1.25, so it wasn't because there wasn't food on board either.

We think we may have set her up for this morning's bounce and sharp drop though :( Last night, I fell asleep and DH gave her a full 100 mls SQuids (usual is 75 mls), fed her minimally. She didn't eat a substantial amount till +2.5.

On a happier note, our inventory of glucometer test strips are no longer at crisis levels. Both Amazon and Healthwarehouse came through; we received both packages on Thursday. Considering that I placed the order early Tuesday morning, and did not opt for expedited shipping, that was a pretty impressive turnaround on their end.

eta: speaking of 2010 ss, I did include Dec. 2009 in the new tab. I'll remove it come Feb, so it'll only be 2010 data on this tab.

2. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I'm glad the strips came through for you. Thanks to all the hijacking in your last condo, I, the Google-challenged one, have created a new sheet for 2010. My next goal is a nice labs sheet like you have. I can dream, anyway.

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

come on Meowzi, let's at least get rid of the pinkus. :(

Do you think a drop more insulin might help?

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What is that pink all about? Meowzi looks much better in blue.

5. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Please come back to blue my dear favorite white furry!

Verra happy to hear she is eating well. :)

FWIW, I agree with Libby that you could add another drop of insuloon if you so desired.

6. WCF and Meowzi

Re: 1/1 Meowzi +3~223

I'm still not convinced she needs more :(

Is the dosing team thinking of 1.0u as the next raise? We can't measure anything less than a 1.0 for the next step up.

Another question is, is it wise to raise when moon wonkiness may not have fully worn off?

7. Sarah and Velcro

Sarah and Velcro Member

Pink isn't all that cute, Meowzi. I think blue/green is more your color. :)

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

you know Meowzi best, but I'm seeing those bright yellows and wishing they would turn back into light yellows and blues (and no pinks) and I think more insulin would do that (yes, 1u sounds good). She probably won't need it for long before she'll be ready to go back down to this dose again, she's close to a good dose but just not quite there, IMO.

9. WCF and Meowzi

Re: 1/1 Meowzi +6~131

You and me both :roll:

She's back to blue at +6. I think it's b/c +3 was not a sharp drop.

It just really bugs me that she's never passed LTS or boot camp. She was so bad at it that Noisy would have tossed her out of camp if he didn't have a soft spot for her. That's why I still see bouncies where others see not enough insulin. I don't deny that it's possible that she may need a higher dose to work back down again, but I do think she needs to level out before raising, or she just won't stop bouncing. That climb at +6 last night, and +8 in today's morning cycle - I believe those are bouncies from early sharp drops. Her insulin doesn't go poof that early in the cycle, esp when she's just had her dose raised. She can usually hold her own until the last couple of hrs in a cycle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.