1/1 Scruffy OTJ Trial day 7, am 74, pm 61

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teela Brown, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teela Brown

Teela Brown Member

Numbers are still good, but since he is not eating a lot, I wonder if that has something to do with it.

He is still constipated this morning, and I am not really sure what to do about it :S I am open to suggestions...but nothing, anywhere is open today :( I have read that feeding pumpkin might help, and am wiling to try it, though it sounds like a BGL risk.

Yesterday's thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=554

2. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Re: 1/1 Scruffy OTJ Trial day 7, am 74

Happy Halfway there Day!!!!!!!

When Per was having Poo problems, I PM'ed jojo and suggested giving him some canned tuna in oil... worked great!

3. Teela Brown

Teela Brown Member

YAY ok gonna try that! I like that idea WAY better than pumpkin (Dr. Lisa advise against pumpkin)
    DH also reminded me that, all in all, Scruff has not eaten a lot the last few days and may not actually need to go :(

Oh yeah.... we are half way, aren't we! And considering what Scruff has gone through, I am actually starting to get optimistic!

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, those are great AMPS for Scruffy....now YOU, relax now that the first 7 days are over...
    :D
    k?
    Hope your poo problems are over soon.....they hate it when we stand guard near their littler boxes, don't they?
    :lol:
    GOOOOOo Scruffy! (oops...I meant that as far at the trial is concerned..not literally, but hey, that works too! LOLOL)

5. Teela Brown

Teela Brown Member

Re: 1/1 Scruffy OTJ Trial day 7, pm 61

Ok so he is not eating a lot. I am trying Friskies Beef, just to see if he will eat it. I am contemplating trying one of the "...in gravy" just to see if he will devour it. I know it is not ideal for his BGL but I am worried his lack of eating with drop him too low.

ARG still no sign of poop. He would not touch the in-oil mix. Not really sure what to do...

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/1 Scruffy OTJ Trial day 7, pm 61

not sure what you have tried already. Tuna in oil is a good trick, too bad he didn't go for that. What if it was warmed up a little? Does he like chicken dust? Or with Lucy, a little real chicken would help jump start her eating. Even though it has tons of preservatives and sodium so you don't want to feed it often, sometimes rotisserie chicken or KFC will get their attention. As nice as his numbers are, I would hesitate to use gravy food, but if that's what he needs then you have to do it.

How much or little is he eating?

7. Teela Brown

Teela Brown Member

Probably half of what he normally eats. But it looks like he is choosing to be picky. He wants beef. Not tuna, or chicken or salmon. Beef. Fine he can have beef. I will try the tuna oil again tomorrow. He did eat some, so maybe that will help get things moving.

Wonder if I were to put some olive oil in his beefy foods?

He doesnt seem strained by the not-pooping, more annoyed because he is supposed to....if that makes sense?

Edit to add: Of course, I tried to slip his pain meds, and antibiotics in his food when he got home, now he is suspicious of the food. So maybe that isnt helping either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.