1/1 Six's PMPS 336

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy and Six, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Much better morning than yesterday...we're just looking for yellows today.

BTB.

Yesterday's condo
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=550

2. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

Re: 1/1 Six's AMPS 315

C'mon yellows! Let's start out the new year on a good note!

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Sending yellow vibes... :D

4. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Sending yellow vines your way!

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

My guys weren't crazy about the EVO, either. I think it's a texture thing. I mix it with Wellness Core to make catsickles (frozen cubes of food that I leave out overnight and when I'm not home for snacks).

6. Amy and Six

Re: 1/1 Six's AMPS 315, +4 297, +6 313

Alright...talk to me folks. What's this all about?

I know, I know, patience.

He's in good mood. Playing, looking for treats (the best thing about testing frequently...some Liv-A-Littles), but did catch him with his paw in his water...that could mean nothing cause his water has been staying clean except for one high 400 day. I have another paw-water kitty, Nixie, who is also polydactyl. Maybe it's more of a polydactyl thing...

Plan on testing at +8, +10...gotta conserve on the strips...more arriving next week Tues/Wed.

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

come on down, Six!

You can skip the +8, it won't show us much today. +10 or +11 would be nice.

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Six is doing great, and especially because of the playing and stuff. I have found that you see those signs before the good numbers kick in, so those yellows will become place soon enough.

What's Six doing in the water, exactly? Water is a very strange thing with my two.
    Shadoe loves to wash herself in the tub. She just likes a small drizzle of water from the faucet, then she wets her paws and proceeds to clean herself. After showers, she loves to roll around in the bottom of the wet tub, then she proceeds to clean. I guess it's a quick way to get yourself wet! She also prefers to drink most of her water from dripping faucets and is not fussy which one.
    Before her dx, she was eating some dry food, but she always was dropping mouthsful into the water then eating the moistened food. I guess she was trying to tell me then that she wanted just wet food.

Booboo demands that I turn on the bathroom sink faucet when I come home, then she likes me to flush the toilet. Frequently she just watches the water flush down, but sometimes, she attacks it like a crazy cat, hitting the departing water with one paw, slapping at the water over and over and over. Yes, Booboo is quite odd, even on her good days.

What's Nixie do in the water?

I think testing near +10 or +11 may be of more use, if you're running low on strips, but others may say different.

9. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Hi Amy, those numbers are all within 15-16 points of each other... I'd say that was a flat cycle so far. Not bad, not bad at all. Soon you will be bringing Six down a notch to another flat level. He's doing well. And it sounds like he likes water... maybe some of his basic instincts are still there for fishing. :) Paw in water... waiting for a fishie to come swimming by.

10. Amy and Six

I can test at +10 and +11 if it helps...should I? I have enough strips to cover two additional tests tonight. I order TWO orders of strips this time...gettin' smarter as the weeks pass.

Thanks for the pep talk. Needed it. So that flat is that good???

Six and water...he just stands by his dish with one paw fully emerged in his dish. Sometimes he then bends his head down to drink water near his submerged paw. He tries to look dignified when he's doing it, but I just crack up when I walk in on him doing it. When his BG were really high, his water was always dirty from doing it so often, but that has changed even with numbers in the 300s. I was probably changing his water 5-6 times a day.

Nixie (water sprite) sounds like Shadoe and Booboo combined. Loves the bathtub, loves to just play in water, can't leave the toilet seat up...she makes a mess out of the toilet and bathroom floor. I've caught her with her paw reaching down the bathtub drain. I bet they'd love a trip to the water park. We can arrange a summer trip for them this year...Six loves to show off his speedos and Nixie has a hot little two piece she's been dying to unveil. :lol:

11. Amy and Six

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/1 Six's AMPS 315, +4 297, +6 313, +10 303 *NM*

Oh boy, sexy suits for the summer! Be sure to get pictures!

If you look online, there are tons of stories about water issues, such as this one blogĀ«:
    http://newcats.blogspot.com/2005/06/wat ... sport.html

To me, I don`t have that big of a problem now that I let the tap drip in the bathroom, but for those where it is really bad, I would try putting the water bowl in a plastic boot tray that has a towel laid in the bottom of the tray.
    The towel would absorb the water, and also keep the bowl from moving around.

I have always kept the food dishes in a boot tray to keep the crumbs off the floor, but Booboo carries a mouthful of food over to some other surface like the carpet or a piece of paper on the floor, drops the food, then eats.

Cats are going to do what they like, so we just need to make adjustments to accommodate them. Kitties always win.

13. Amy and Six

For your reading recap pleasure...

AMPS 315, +4 297, +6 313, +10 303, PMPS 336

And now for the dirt...

Six just fired me! I just had my first testing botch job. Cripes. Can't say that I blame him... so this is what happened. About an hour ago I was cutting up some jalapenos for dinner. Thought about it for a minute before doing his PMPS and touched a finger to my lip. H-O-T. So I thought I would wear my fancy yellow dish gloves when getting a reading tonight. I thought I was being smart. I thought I was protecting the most patient cat in the world.

Instead, I freak the poor boy out. Maybe he thought I was going to inspect a different end :eek: ? I couldn't really get a hold on his ear, not enough blood came out, I scrambled to restick, an error message popped up, I finally gave up and took the gloves off and started all over again. It was at that point he gave me the "meow finger" (if you know what i mean) and told me I was fired.

I just buttered him up with a little water via syringe...another quirk we've discovered about him...he loves getting water "fed" to him. Sometimes it's his treat after a test (and yes, I feel guilty...it's kinda like the kid who thinks sliced apples are the best dessert in the whole-wide-world cause they've never had chocolate). Hope it will work ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.