1-10-11 tom on lev.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anonymous, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

toms first day on lev. i am updating ss and i'm almost done so in meantime his first day:

amps 600+ 1u
    +5.5 275
    +11.5 291
    pmps 319 skinny u
    +2 283 fed snack

ni-ni I-) I-) see you all in the amps!

2. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

That's a nice first day!!

3. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

:thumbup very nice first day! Yay Tom! & Lori too!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just spent 20 whole minutes trying to get the 2nd group of smilies to come up so I could put up.....THE HAPPY DANCE!

Tom's amps....drumroll................319 (input appropriate smilies)

now while this may not look like smilie material to most of you it is our first amps in 10 consecutive days of 5-600's and many intermittent day before that. and it's only our 3rd cycle (shot just given) of Levemir (THANK YOU DCIN FOR EVERYTHING!!!) and Tom just downed the last of 7 days of ab's. We could go 14 days but I am unclear on that right now.
    I will now try to finish up SS.
    I see I made a mistake and left out 2 day :roll: is there anyway to go back and input them without erasing everything past that?

5. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Great!!!

Re: spreadsheet -- it is mostly like Excel --

You can either "Add new row" or "Insert row" above or below where your mouse is clicked

OR..... you can highlight all the rows that need to be moved and copy / paste them to new location - making space for the missing data.

You don't need to do both...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

amps 312 1u YAY!
    +2 328--------------may have shot into muscle not into tent, new usere with the short needles
    +3 294 :-|

this day is starting out rather flat. considering raising dose at pmps by half.
    while these are better they are not really good enough. tonight will be 4th cycle.
    agree/disagree?

7. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

You also have to take into consideration that you skinnied the dose up last night, so essentially this morning was a dose increase for the shed. I personally would wait and see what your pmps is tonight and re-evaluate at tomorrow's amps. If he stays flat at these numbers through tomorrow morning, then you can up it to 1.25u. You want to be careful of upping the dosing to quickly in succession because the shed is always playing catch-up.

Another thing - at least for my Oscar, Lantus doesn't really start working until around +2 or +3, so you are seeing the beginning effects of this cycle, not the low point.

8. KristenP&Sam

KristenP&Sam Member

So happy for you and Tom! Yay!

9. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I agree with Kelly.

I also want to point out that I have been personally involved with two cats recently, one on Lantus and one on Lev, for which 1U was too high a starting dose. But you can't really start seeing the answers until you have a few days on a stable dose and varied mid cycle numbers.

So, as I use to say back in my PZI days, please just sit on your hands. Tom is not in a bad place, and you have said his numbers are better. Please give the Lev the time to work its full magic.

10. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

STABLE DOSE --- PLEASE.

nuf said --

11. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Yeah - agree - don't raise the dose. Get more later cycle numbers. Wasn't his lowest point yesterday at or near +12?

Important to let doses settle, make dose changes based on nadir, not PS numbers, and not to make changes on one high number (that last one is for the future).

FYI, although it is too soon to tell, high/highish flat numbers are a sign of rebound.

12. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Though I hate to be a devil's advocate (lol) I can submit evidence where this isn't the case :lol: Oscar was the king of high flat curves (high for him). His numbers didn't budge no matter if I brought down the dose, or brought it up. He fought dose increases with a few random peeks of a breakthrough up until we reached 4.75u. Sometimes it is a sign of insulin resistance or just plain not enough insulin. The only way to know for sure is to start low and go slow!

13. Pam & Alley

Pam & Alley Member

Way to go Lori & Tom! Alley is on his 37th day of Lev, it takes time to adjust the dose, but it will happen for you, already you have some good results.

Keep up the good work Tom!

Pam & Alley

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks all for your input!
    Yesterday tom's lowest was at 5.5 275 (that i got) he was up a tad from that at pmps 291
    Today is rather flatline.
    amps 312 1u
    +2 328
    +3.5 294
    +7 274
    so I will sit on my hands and ride this out...and tomorrow raise dose .25 (which I imagine takes some super human amount of visual acumen)
    It's also possible I gave a muscle shot rather than into the tent as using these u100's I am using a ver short needle. So maybe his dose is not working at full capacity.
    Does everyone agree this is a rather shallow nothing day? Maintaining but not moving?

15. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

He is still settling. And if you gave a fur or muscle shot you can't use today's data for making a dose change decision.

Yesterday I would have said IF he stays in the 400s, 500, and above make a dose increase in 3 days. But today, with the drop of 300 points (at least) in his amPS, you should hold the dose for the full 5 days.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sheila did you read my new post that his is at the bottom of his curve (i guess) right now at 45 minutes past shot time.. still 1u?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.