1/10/2018 Luci - AMPS 210

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Please see our spreadsheet. Luci is eating better, but doesn't seem very interested in playing with the 'bird' toy. She'd rather sleep than play. She used to get interested fairly easily. But maybe she's just not feeling it right now? Hope she will perk up once we get her regulated.

Still working on trying to get more readings during the day.

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Looking nice in blue, Miss Luci!

Asia was extra snoozy early on, her body decided pinks and higher were her normal numbers and anything below that felt weird to her. Just try to keep a tally of when she’s acting like that and what her numbers to see if you find a correlation or pattern.

3. Sue and Luci

Oh thank you! I feel like I'm in the deep end here...no idea what I'm doing or what to expect. Just hoping I'm helping, not hurting her!
    Trying to keep really good records of her eating, peeing, attitude; BG results, etc. - my goodness this is a lot of record keeping isn't it!

4. Stacy & Asia

It’s so overwhelming at first. You’re doing great! You’ll start to figure out what you’re doing and in the meantime, you have everyone here to help you sort it out!

5. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I hear you! I feel the same. Wondering if I am doing any good. Re the record keeping - I personally don't record more than the BGs but as I live alone with Silver and his sibling, I am acutely aware of anything different eg peeing more or drinking more or acting off.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

You are doing great! And the notes help you and others see what worked and what didn't and what effect it had on Luci. So great job! :bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

Not only that, the notes help YOU. There are several things I wish I kept better track of, because now when I go back and see a certain trend, I wonder things that I didn’t write down but certainly knew at the time. Your brain can’t keep track of the whole history, but your SS can! ;)

8. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

You're doing awesome! Luci's going to come down slowly for you and she'll feel better and more active once she gets use to regulation.

9. Sue and Luci

So, I take it this afternoon, as her numbers rise, she hit the lowest point (Nadir?) earlier today. Interesting to watch this as she progresses through the day. If I could stay up later at night would I see the same kind of thing - following her PM Lantus?

With my back and recovering from this cold it's not likely that I'll be able to stay up late to 'party' with Luci...I'm so exhausted once the sun sets...:( This kitty care is a young persons game!

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  10. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Yes, although many cat have slightly lower numbers at night.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Oh I hear you! I am having twice weekly chiro and physio for my back so I can relate. Silver is lovely though and he will jump on the table for me so I don't have to bend down and pick him up. Sweet boy! I have forgotten what it is like not to be exhausted.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  12. Sue and Luci

Do you get that curve thing? Lower and then higher again as time passes?

13. Sue and Luci

I've invited Luci to jump up on the kitchen island now - when we have her towel spread there - I set out all our supplies for the BG draw and her snack is there on the counter as well..but she knows she's not supposed to be on the counter...so that's kinda counter-intuitive to what she's always known...no cats on the counter! So what's going on? But she always is there on the floor waiting for hubby to pick her up...she comes so willingly for the 'poke' - we never thought it would happen...gotta be the snack she's anticipating...gotta get that poke first... :)

14. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Yup they do tend to come willingly after a while. Ruled by their bellies!

Gill & George and Sue and Luci like this.
  15. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

When George was on lantus I was alone with him pretty much 24/7, DH was working away. It's still useful to record when/if anything odd happens, vomits, furballs, loose stools.

You can record the good things too, playfulness eg can be a measure of how good they are feeling.

It helps you track progress or trends, that might be helpful to you in the future. Rather than just relying on memory.

16. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Seriously don’t have the time or energy for that.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  17. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

Yay :bighug::smuggrin::bighug:

18. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

That's right!

Sue and Luci likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.