1/10 Rusty (on steroid) AMPS 333, +5.5 182, +9 232, PMPS 330, +4.5 193

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good Evening L&LL,

It is so disconcerting to see Rusty's numbers! But it is worth it because his breathing/sinuses are so much better after the steroid shot yesterday. I've raised his dose to 0.25U (from 0.10Unit) and will hold it for 3 more cycles to see what happens. He is acting fine, but I hate seeing him above the renal threshold.

It was a beautiful winter day here today, and I had lots of shopping chores to do after the really cold weather affected the stock in the stores. I wanted to go skiing again today, but there didn't turn out to be any time. The rain/freezing rain/ice is supposed to begin tomorrow. Bummer! It looks like our ski excursion to the Sheep Meadow on Friday will have to be cancelled because of rain and freezing rain.

Wishing everyone a good evening. The LagoonMeister is way up on the beach!

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Aw, yes, I know what you mean. I hope you find a workable dose soon, then I'm sure it will back to business with Rusty, the new and improved better breathing lagoon meister! The steroids will make the scuba easier on him when he has to go fix the shark nets! ;)

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Pink is so not Rusty colours! But the short term trade off may be worth it. And the dose is easier to measure.

I can't imagine skiing in freezing rain. :eek:

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

me either! But it's the leader's call.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Rusty's breathing is better. I'm sure you'll find a good dose soon. How long will he be on the steroid?

6. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

All paws crossed over here.

I once skied in blanket fog. Didn't mean to . It suddenly came down on the piste.

7. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Steroids really suck for glucose levels, but they do amazing work in so many other ways and sometimes it’s just plain worth it. Glad to hear that they are working for Rusty and that his breathing is better already.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Ella! Glad to hear that Rusty's breathing is better but , sorry about the higher numbers. Hope the effects of the steroid on the BGs is short lived.

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

I don't know. A shot is supposed to last 4 or 5 weeks. We have an appointment on Monday (it will have been 1 week) for evaluation.

thanks for the visits, guys!

10. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I can sympathize completely! It broke my heart to watch Squallie's BG rise so much when he was on steroids for his ear. In his case, it was a little difficult to get his numbers back down and evened out; his cycles have not been the same since then. Hope Rustydoes better with it than Squallie did. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

You do what you have to do; then work around the consequences. Rusty feeling better is what counts.

I went for an unexpected skate this evening just trying to get 2 houses up the street.

12. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Oh WOW. Cannot imagine.

13. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Hope you're okay! Those "unexpected skates" can be dangerous!

14. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yo Rusty!!...Glad to see you's come back down to da beach! Doz weeds out der can be awful itchy!! You man da lifeguard tower and I'll keep paddling! We makes a gud team!! ~ China

15. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

:bighug:❤️:bighug::bighug::bighug:❤️:bighug:

16. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that the steroid is making Rusty feel better! The numbers are yucky but give it a few days and you'll have them under control!

17. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Vines for Rusty to continue to feel better each day❤️. We’re in for a whopper of a rainstorm here (perhaps the warmer part of what’s forecast for up north?). Stay warm, snuggly and dry vines, too.

ETA: oops, our rainstorm is forecast for tomorrow!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  18. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad the steroids are helping Rusty feel better!

19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

I've done that a few times, just in the driveway!
    Yo China, wait 'till you see my AM number today!! I hope I'll get back to the beach soon, much less the lagoon!
    ~ Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.