1/13 Bix

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Joanna & Bix (GA), Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

+40 82

Late nadir, LOL? He sure is a mystery, but I'm not compaining!!! :mrgreen:

I'm off-balance today because my email was hijacked this morning and spam sent out to everyone in my Contacts list. Arghhh. Spent all morning doing damage control, changing my passwords, etc. Thankfully it was an email I don't use much (so no spam went to potential employers!!!!), but still highly annoying!

2. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

Great number!
    That stinks about the email. It makes me crazy when that sort of stuff happens. I don't know enough to know if it is a virus or anything dangerous and what to do about it. Do you know how it got hijacked?

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Man oh man, Bixie, keeping your mom on her toes! You know, she DOES have other stuff to do besides test you all day long. I know that's hard to fathom, but really, be nice to her, okay? ;)

That does stink about your e-mail. Good it wasn't your main e-mail so you didn't send Vi.@gar@ ads to possible employers! Yikes. Glad you got it resolved, but what a pain.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I did some research and also posted on Community and got some good suggestions on the email thing. From what I can tell, it sounds like they got my password somehow (it was a pretty lame one, not very secure, and I haven't changed it in years). I read somewhere if they can get your date of birth and your zipcode they can figure other things out with just that, or something like that. Scary, but could be a lot worse, this was pretty minor in the overall scheme of things (assuming there are no other surprises connected to it).

Bixie is so happy to get all the tests again, lol. He really loves the attention. I've found my skills have gone downhill too now that I don't test as often, poor guy, his ears are looking a little punky. I'm always worried that one day I'll punch in one hole too many and the sweet spot edge of his ear will just drop right off. So far so good though!

5. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

This is one of my new favorite programs:
    http://www.malwarebytes.org
    A pretty good malware remover.

The free version you need to update manually [if you leave it installed]. When you are done with it you can uninstall it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.