1/13 Little Kitten prognosis

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Slashy & Rick, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

Hello Everyone,

Heard back from our vet late yesterday who consulted with an oncologist about Little Kittens mast cell tumor.

The cancer is in her lymphnodes, kidneys, liver etc. There is nothing that can be removed. We have decided not to pursue any chemo or additional treatments. She is home and is comfortable, eating some, purrs when we pet her. We are watching her close and loving her much. We have a wonderful local vet who will come out to our house to help her when we are ready. We are not going to let her suffer.

Little came to us by accident 11 years ago. We rented an apt then and it was just before thanksgiving. My downstairs neighbor had to catch a bus to get home for the holiday and was waiting for a cab. When he opened his door to get to the cab she just ran into his house. Because he was pressed for time (and because he is a jackass) he just left. Several days later I returned from the holiday to find Slashy (or Pyewacket or Brinkerhoff) had punctured my water bed and I had to get it out of there. We stored our hose in a closet in the neighbors apt. When I went to grab it, there was Little, scared the be-jesus out of me. She has been with us ever since. :)

We love her dearly and will miss our Chubby Little Kitten terribly. This is my last post about her. Thank you all so much for your support, thoughts and prayers.

Rick, Sue, Slashy, Pyewacket, Brinkerhoff and Julius (dog)

2. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this. May the angels be with you.

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, Rick. I am so sorry to hear this. Enjoy your little kitty and make her last days with you full of love and caring. It is such a great gift.

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for strength and guidance for you and comfort for Little.
    jeanne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.