1/13 Rocky (oldtimer)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Denita & Rocky, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denita & Rocky

Denita & Rocky New Member

We got all screwed up last night.
    first, an explanation of the .5 U experiment. Our Vet thought it was dangerous to allow rebound and suggested a reduction. I obliged for a few days, but yuck! I don't think avoiding rebound does any good at all. So I upped the dose back to .6U.

Now, the screw up. I checked Rocky's BG at +11 last night and it had come down from the rebound. I was planning to wait until + 12, test and shoot, and then scoot out the door for date night with DH. When I got back home from dinner it was 8:45 PM (+13.5) and I had forgotten to shoot just before going out, so I quickly tested and shot. Expecting his BG to be rising because of the late shot, I didn't test just before bed. This morning at +12 he was 99! That made me worry. In fact, later he was 85, so still going down. My worry was that maybe I hadn't forgotten the +12 shot and had given him a second shot at + 13.5. I'm not sure how I would be able to tell. If I had given the shot earlier, it would have to have been at +11 because there is no +12 test on the meter.

Anyway, the time got so late that it would throw off our schedule horribly, so we are waiting until our normal evening shooting time to do the shot. We will have to fill the shed all over again.

Have a happy day, everyone.

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hi there, denita!
    don't know that there'd be any way of telling if you gave him two shots or not. you'll get him back on track...

3. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

hey there!
    well old saying is true enough, sheds refill. and good opportunity to 'start over' and put him on what ever is the best 12/12 for you.
    "Our Vet thought it was dangerous to allow rebound and suggested a reduction"
    sigh, you more than vet about this. you've always had a very bouncy cat, is his way. in fact i'm not quite sure why you dropped off the 0.75 unit dose, it looked like it was just starting (the longer they are diabetic i believe the longer it takes them to respond to a dose change) to give great numbers when it was lowered to 0.6? hard to say since he also had infection during that time so the change could have been the AB's working too. but for sure that 0.5 units wasn't working for you guys it doesn't look like to me, numbers were getting higher and higher
    what was he doing that made you think he was having a CP flare last night? he off his food? (like the same as on 1/31?)

lol, some things never change, see on SS you still are having to deal with your mom's dog dry food and rocky always on look out for chance to sneak some. no one can ever say cats aren't smart, they never miss an opportunity!
    s/
    person who left her toast unattended for 2 whole seconds and got the butter licked off today. geez.

4. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hi Denita!

So nice to see a Rocky update :D
    Glad that you are getting him back on track...

Beautiful SS!

5. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Hi Denita
    and scritches to Rocky !

Sounds like you guys had "one of those days"
    The shed will refill and you'll get things straightened out-- life happens :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.