1/13 Twinkie~AMPS~204~.2~+3~235.Beasley~169~109

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by dian and wheezer, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6023

have no clue what is going on with Twink. he did get to his leg again 3 days ago but I have been putting anti itch cream on it and he has left it alone since. all P's appear ok. still very mush of a loner cat. appetite good. this is puzzling

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Sounds like ur on top of things Dian, good to hear P's are good this morning.
    Have a good day :D

3. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

sheesh, Dian...I wish I could tell you what is going on or even give you some thoughts, but I'm hitting a brick wall here, myself. I hate to see these guys in any other color but blue and green. Maybe that itchy stuff is causing him to be anxious. Give anymore thought into going to a vet? Still trying to see if it's some kind of food allergy?
    Wish I could help ya more,

4. dian and wheezer

calling vet on monday. they are closed on weekends. could be OCD, could be parasites, (mites) but none of my others have any conditions and they have been with these cats, specially candy and kohl, a lot. he is eating but you can tell he is not feeling well. gave him some left over pain med from dental. I posted in healt with updated pics and advise. also PM's jojo for advise

5. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

name?

6. dian and wheezer

choy-foong?? BTW!!! TYVM it came yu stinker

name: anti-itch cream
    from dollar general.
    diphenhydramine hydrochloride analgesic
    zinc acetate skin protection

does seem to work at times and makes area dry and hard.
    but I think he has OCD

did not want one with crtisone in it

7. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Boo wanted to stop in and say "hi" to her favorite (and only) Auntie Dian. Loved the most recent video you posted of Twinkie. He might be a loner, but he loves you! Hope everybody is doing well.

8. dian and wheezer

Re: 1/13 Twinkie~PMPS~266~.3/Beasley~206~.2

aww thanks heather
    the boyz received some freeze dried chicken from an admirer and it sure made their day, twinkie even came out and joined us in the par takings of yumm yummmmmmm. he is on bed with me now and is all purry even though he does not feel well.
    along with the itches and hair pulling his one eye is watering too. he is on lysine

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hope the vet can figure out what's going on with twink's leg...
    glad you upped the dose.

10. dian and wheezer

thanks jill. sure has me baffled since it all started rather suddenly, thought I had a handle on it. will call on monday for appointment

11. dian and wheezer

Re: 1/13 Twinkie~+3~316/Beasley~152

I am not happy at all. Insulin should still be good. last one lasted all the way for 2 cats and not much difference in dosage. :YMSIGH:

12. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

maybe twinks got a fur shot this morning? Glad you are going to make an apt. w/vet on monday. Sounds like a good idea.

13. dian and wheezer

no fur shot. he is favoring that leg. I cleaned with warm soapy water very gently and he was not happy. gave another 1/4 tramadol and started on clav again.
    was medicated with frontline plus this afternoon just in case
    he is snoring now

14. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

i looked at the video you sent me. extreme itchiness! and generalized too.
    do me a favor, take the outer tip of his ear and scratch the outer edge and see if his back leg moves like he is gonna start scratching.
    report back.........

15. dian and wheezer

nope but if I do his neck he starts to scratch. right side of neck right leg. left side left leg

16. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

oh well, worth a try (that is a mange sign). he needs to go to vet, get a skin scraping,etc. need/must get a dx on this, been going on too long now w/o clearing up. k?
    do you have him on single source food to r/o allergies? unfortunately his rise in esos on BW could mean parasite or allergies. i'm hoping parasite, they are way easier to deal with.

17. dian and wheezer

he has a healed spot on same side of front foot and healed spot on back foot other side. beasley also has some "hot spots" but is not at them like twinkie. twinkie is guarding that leg and you can tell it is sore. possibly due to swelling. was healing fine til yesterday when he got at it again. you can see it was doing better in video. candy and kohl have spent quite a few hours up here with the boys and neither of them are showing signs of anything. needs a larger e-collar. will see if I can make one tomorrow
    he gets no fish other than fish oil that you suggested)or beef but have not kept to one specific flavor. he gets tender liver and chicken feast,chopped grill feast,turkey and giblet feast, and chicken feast.
    calling vet on monday. started on clav and 1 more day of leftover from dental pain med. also going to toss beasley in car to in case vet wants to see him when I tell him beasley has some spots also
    can I still put on the generic anti itch cream or just leave it be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.