1/14 Tess AMPS - 349

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Ann & Tess GA, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Tess is looking a little perkier today. She never looked like anything was distressing her just a little disinterested and quiet. I took away the dry food today (I think she's looking for it, though there is still some wet out) I'm giving her 1 3.5oz can/ day, 4 feedings. She also drank less than 1 cup of water yesterday. When we started measuring last week she was drinking about 1 1/4 cups.

I haven't been able to get a ketone test. She likes her privacy and leaves the box if I come over. Does anyone use the Smart Cat Box? or a combination glucose / ketone meter? Our new vet was fantastic (Pretty much anticipated everything i was going to ask about and / or insist on. :D ) She didn't seem too concerned about ketone testing w/ Tess's numbers, but wasn't opposed either and said the Smart Cat Box might be a good idea and make testing much easier. But, that would mean another change in Tess's life right now which she really doesn't need.

I'm not going to try ordering Lantus online right now, worried about freezing. I haven't been able to get prices online for the brick and mortar stores, so we're going shopping today. The vet didn't want to make the change before the weekend in case of problems anyway. I've ordered syringes from Hocks, but they probably won't get here by Monday. Not sure if I need a script for them in CA, but the vet said she would give one if I needed it (probably should have had her write one just in case). Hope I can find the ones w/ half unit markings.

What else,oh yeah. Any advice on treats? I like to give her a couple when I test. I'm still getting my head around calculating real carb %. We got some EVO Wild Cravings treats 95% meat and 9% max carbohydrates. What else is a good low carb treat? I've been gathering up all the pouches around the house, some will go into the Hypo emergency kit and the rest either to my sister's cat or thrown out. Although now that I'm learning more about cat nutrition I hate to give that stuff to any cat. Does anyone use Tuna Flakes aka Kitty Caviar? 100% tuna. It's the same as the dried bonito flakes you can get at Japanese grocery stores where it is a lot cheaper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.