1-15 Beau OTJ take 2 - It's been 14 days since last shot!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

I wonder if there is a "protocol" for this sort of blip? He only had 9 shots in 9 days, sometimes sid, sometimes bid, sometimes skipping a day.... Can still say he was OTJ since Sept?

He seems back on track, numbers are not quiet as low, but he is not shootable, and the numbers are non-diabetic range.

2. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

not sure if there's some kind of protocal but i'm glad to see he doesn't require insulin right now. Keeping fingers crossed for ya over there. Here, i'll give you the peace kitty that i swear is really just crossing his fingers (or i finally need glasses - either way, this is for you) :YMPEACE:

3. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Thanks Michele. He was 104 this am :D

4. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

You know, the more important thing is that you helped him manage a crisis - eating those rolls or whatever it was was not really him coming OTJ - it was almost like an accident which caused his pancreas to throw up its hands for a while and say I'm done!

You helped it out. ;-)

So I say he was OTJ since Sept.

5. Black Bear & AcroMeg

Black Bear & AcroMeg New Member

Maybe next time you should try cheesecake. No, no, no! Joking. I'm just envious of Beau's OTJ status. He's doing great. Luckily Black Bear has no teeth, so even if the calicoes scored forbidden food he'd have to gum it. I do wonder if the Greenies they all get every night cause blips.

6. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

OMG! Cheesecake! He'd be in the 600s I am sure.

I like Vicky's idea that his pancreas just gave up trying to bring him down from the 300s. Makes sense. I was just surprised that it took as much help as it did. I guess if there is a next rime, I have to interfere sooner.

Megan, how are BB's BGs? And what dose is he on? Don't know about those greenies. I have never used them. How does he "eat" them without teeth? Aren't they designed to clean teeth?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.