1/15 Jan and Buddy AMPS 374

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Jan and Buddy, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Good Morning,
    He seems to really like the pink!!! I suspect there MIGHT be a little ear infection. Going to try to see Vet this weekend. What I would like advice on is a antibiotic to ask for and ear drops if needed. I have no clue!!!! So PLEASE any suggestions would be great.!!

Thanks Jan

2. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Hi Jan,
    Please forgive me as I haven't ready your post yet over on LL. I've been keeping up on your spreadsheet tho. 12/25 and 12/27 sure were nice days tho!

Please can you put your link for your spreadsheet here in your sig for the hi dose people to see. It will help them more too. I have yours as a link for me in my "favorites" already! :D
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html

I see you're up to 6units bid now. What is making you think about an ear infection? I know that certainly can contribute to higher BG's unfortunately. :cry:

Antibiotics for an ear infection - that I cannot recommend which one is best. I don't know that I've ever dealt with that. You may have to post on health and see what others have to say there.

And I know I will sound like a broken record here - please please don't hate me...i will just whisper this ok....R insulin would soooo help here. Have you heard at all from Sandy and BK? Have you had a chance to review hers and Sharyn and Fiona's spread sheets and how things worked for them and how their cats did?

I know and truly do understand you are afraid of the R. The only reason I bring this up again - is that with the continued higer BG's, the known IAA, we can really work now towards getting them down and making Budydy feel so much better.

I am home today but have to work all w/e. PLease give me a call if I can help at all.
    xxxxx

3. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Hi Patti,
    Yes I hear you (even tho you whispered LOL) I'm thinking I might use the R this weekend. It was suggested I increase to 6.5L, by Jill and I think she has a shout out for Jojo, so will wait and see what that feed back might be. But I guess .1 of R would be ok to try again??? But there is really no one who has used R that is on the boards right now.
    I don't know that Buddy has an ear infection he just every so often will kinda shake his head a little, it just might be allergy's?? Do you think I SHOULD take him to the Vet??? I haven't talked to anyone there since I got the results back on IAA.

I thought my SS was already in my sig?? Anyone that reads my posts can go to it can't they???

Haven't heard from any of the ladies with High Dose kitty's.

Wish you weren't working the weekend. If I get panicked I will give you a call on your cell! nailbite_smile

Talk to you soon
    Jan

4. Sharyn & Fiona

Sharyn & Fiona Member

Hi Jan,
    Heather and Boo sent me an email telling me there was another IAA kitty on the board. Fiona was the 2nd IAA kitty dx'd here and we've used R quite a bit. She's currently at 25.00u Lantus BID. She just this evening earned another decrease. The highest we've been is 29.00u.

Here's a link to her spreadsheet. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... lQXc&hl=en

I'm not on the board much anymore but I'll PM you my contact info if you'd like to talk.

5. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

Hi Jan!

Yup, I'd definitely add another half unit to your basal insulin (and some R). Starting with just a drop is a good, safe way to start. You know how to test and monitor, which is the main thing. Your goal is to get ahead of the IAAs with the insulin. It can take time (and lots of insulin!) but can be done.

I've used R with both my boys, but am not sure how much I'll be around this weekend.

cat_pet_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.