1/17 Baby PMPS 243 +2 179

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole & Baby, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Good morning, Lantus Land :coffee:
    With Cassandra's input, I decided to dosecrease to .75, I hope I got that right this morning :? Challenging # to draw IMHO
    I went a little past the .5 line & not quite to the 1 line.
    Anyway.. it is about 4am here, I am going to head to the gym & when I get home test her at +2 or +3
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to get a +6 because I will be at chuch, but hopefully I can get a 6.5 or close to it.
    Anyway.. is it the last day of the weekend already?? Time flies, but thankful to go to tbp, so I can keep my furbabies spoiled.
    Have a Blessed, Beautiful Day!!! o:)

2. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/17 Baby AMPS 259 +3 190

**I have a question** :?:
    I started using Neosportin + Pain Relief for her ears, but I am afraid I have used a little too much & now there is a bit of a coating on the ear & it is making it more difficult to get blood. How do I remove it the Neosporin? I was thinking a hot washcloth, but wanted to know if there were better ideas.

3. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Nicole,
    a warm (not hot) washcloth would be fine. You could also just rub it in with your fingers a little more.

4. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Good morning Nicole. Baby's numbers are looking good. Hopefully the new dose will stop the yellow PS numbers. She does like to float down into those blues so that's a great thing.

When I was doing lots of pokus on Max, I used to put the neosporin between my fingers and rub it together before I put it on his ears. That way I only got just a smear of it on his ears. Just enough to take the pain away but not enough to interfere in getting a good blood drop the next time I poked him.

Have a wonderful day.

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the dosecrease.

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the doscrease...you aren't using the pain relief neosporin, are you?
    Plain is better...but polysporin is what they recommend for kitties....hope you have a great day!!

7. Nicole & Baby

Thanks everyone for the valuable feedback!!
    Yes, I am hoping to see no more Yellows... it will be scary for me the 1st time I shoot a non yellow preshot #, especially when I have to go tbp, but I know Baby can handle herself if I leave food out.. I will be the one losing my mind!

**I am using the neosportin + pain relief... based on numerous suggestions to do so (from this message board)

8. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Good morning,Nicole!
    You are doing excelent job with Baby! I think you gonna see green today.
    When you are at the church today,can you please say prayer for this Board and all the furries and the beans1
    thank You!

9. Nicole & Baby

Bo & Jake.. thank you!
    I say a prayer every morning & night for all of our furbabies & do at church too. This morning, will be no exception xoxoxoxo
    On my way out the door now...

10. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/17 Baby AMPS 259 +3 190 +6.5 229

Gosh this does not make sense..moving in the wrong direction! I thought +6 was generally the nadir? :roll:

11. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

She sure is keeping you on your toes, Nicole!

12. Nicole & Baby

She sure is Chris! I want her to come down.. slowly.. but come down!

13. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole,
    Generally speaking it is. But not for every cat, on everyday. Once you start gathering more and more information you will *hopefully* see a pattern. I say hopefully, with a light heart, because just when I think I know what to expect for latte she gives me a nadir at +8, or +12 :lol: Latte's nadir yesterday was amps!

You may even be able to see some patterns at this point in the game if you look carefully at her ss.

You just started a new dose right? Might not see much of a difference the first few cycles.
    Btw...not sure if it was you I mentioned it to, or someone else a while ago. But when measuring the in between doses, its most important to be consistent as to where "your" .75 (or whatever) is. I do this by having a sample syringe that I can compare each shot with before I give it. This way there is no wondering in a sleep deprived/coffee lacking state, at whatever time in the morning as to where exactly the plunger was the last time you shot. Make sense? ;-)

14. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

hi,Nicole!
    You just increase dose and You gonna see higher #s till dose settle down. it takes 2-4 cycles. Don't worry!
    Probably Uou'll see action tomorrow.
    have a nice afternoon!

15. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Nadir can happen at any time during the cycle, and can be influenced my many variables - food intake and timing, mood, poop, stress, dose, etc. As you work your way up and down the dosing scale, it is not uncommon to see fluctuation in nadir. Sasha's has been everywhere from PS to PS and anything in between. Some cats have a nadir that is more set in stone, and others don't. That's why varying spot checks day to day will help you get a good overall picture on how a dose is working. :smile:

16. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Hi Nicole, I just had the chance to look at Baby's pics...

They are so incredibly cute!!! I hope your weekend is wrapping up nicely. Take care!

17. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole and Baby
    Often when raising the dose you can get what is called New Dose Wonkiness (NDW). The numbers may be a little bit higher for a day or so.
    Baby is doing great though. cat_pet_icon

18. paige

paige Well-Known Member

You got another blue *yay*. Have a good night. We both go back to tbp tomorrow, but Baby is looking good. Great job Nicole.

19. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good luck with the dosecrease!

It is not uncommon for numbers to temporarily go UP with a dose increase (we call it New Dose Wonkiness).

From the Tight Regulation Protocol:

Many cats will occasionally react to an increased dose with increased BGs - within the first 2 to 3 days after an increase, usually lasting for less than 24 hours. Nobody really knows what the reason for this phenomenon is (perhaps a "panicky liver"?) - hold the dose and ignore the fluctuations.

20. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, everyone! Not so sure that I have actually dosecreased.. the .50 & .75 are so close! I just pray for better #s, I will not do another test tonight... I have stressed her ears to the MaX.. I put Neosporin on them.. which made it difficult to get blood for next spot checks..I am stressed & I know she has to be. As always.. she is extremely playful & happy... thank you for caring... you encouragement, words of wisdom & strength help me... give her better care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.