1/17 Jan and Buddy AMPS 398

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Jan and Buddy, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2829

Good Morning,

WCR_ He seems fine this am. Did a ketone check and I'm not sure if its negative or I see trace!!!! It's just barely in the middle of the square the beige'y pinkish color confused_cat

Gave the .1R with the 6.5L, see if we can get away from the pinks!!

Jan

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

3. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

What do you think about more R at +6? You have plenty of room and it would be nice if we could get Buddy's PM PS into the yellows.

4. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Was ahead of you, had already given it to him. (.1uR 6.5L at +6)
    But if you look at the SS it's not doing as good as yesterday.

I go back to work tom. and I know he would probably be ok, but I just don't feel comfortable giving it to him when I'm not here.
    Do you have an opinion on that with the way the numbers have been???
    I should have maybe given .25 at the +6!!

I'm learning. :!:

5. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

I'd try 0.25U R since he's still pretty high. But you have to do what is comfortable for YOU! There is a learning curve with the R, just as with any of the basal insulins. You'll soon learn how much of a drop to expect from a certain amount of R at different bg levels. The Lev pretty much just holds him at a level, the R is what's needed to bring those levels lower for the Lev to do a bit more.

And you ARE learning-- and doing a fantastic job!!!! :D

6. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Caroyln
    Did you read what I asked about the ketone check??? I forgot, do you know where I can find the info on if the color is dark???
    Thanks Jan

7. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

What do you mean dark???? Is this a recent test?? There is a guide on the side of the bottle... what color is it matching? If it's anything above trace, you need to call the vet.

8. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Sorry didn't mean to say it WAS dark, just wanted to know where the info is telling what it all means, just in case!!!!!

It was beige to very light trace. It was this afternoons test.

Jan

9. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Phew on the ketone test! If you have any doubts that the results are trace, make sure he gets his insulin and try to get as much fluids in him as possible to help flush out the ketones. And make sure to get as many checks a day (ketone) so if they are there you can monitor the level and get help if the amount increases. Generally anything above "trace" should mean a vet visit and trace ketones warrant at least a call to the vet to let him/her know what's going on and get their advise, too.

Hope you both have a great day!

10. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Sorry again I didn't explain that!!! Thanks for explaining about ketones. I tried to get him to go pee this morning before I left but he wasn't having anything to do with it. So maybe tonight I can get another test. I HATE being at work when I think there might be something going on with him, then of course I worry all day :roll:

Jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.