1/17 Spicey curve test today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by tajana340, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajana340

tajana340 Member

hello everyone, todayis the curve test. Spicey ate a bunch an hour before the amps.

1-12-10
    Pmps 521 - 1 unit pzi vet 9pm
    + 4 - 317

1-13-10
    Amps 298- 1 unit pzi vet 8 am
    +10 - 198
    Pmps 229 - .5 unit pzi vet 8:30 pm
    +2 - 399
    +4 342

1-14-10
    Amps 486 - 1 unit pzi vet 8:30 am

Pmps 417 - 1 unit pzi vet 8 pm
    +2 - 216
    +5 - 56
    +5.5 - 51
    +6.5 - 48
    +7 - 64

1-15-10
    Amps 241 - .5 unit pzi vet 10am

Pmps 596 - .5 unit pzi vet 8:30 pm
    +3.5 403 No food

1-16-10
    Amps 374 - .5 unit pzi vet 8am
    +10 280

Pmps 282 - .5 unit pzi vet 8pm
    +4 597 Retest 435
    +5 572

1-17-10
    Amps 526 - .5 unit pzi vet 8 am

2. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

Great that you can run a curve today. That will be a big help in beginning to find the correct dose and timing for Spicey.

You are continuing to test for ketones, aren't you?

3. tajana340

tajana340 Member

No I haven't test for ketones yet. I don't have any test strips . I am going to get them tomorrow.

4. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Just FYI Spicey's Spreadsheet is now available yeah. No more posting long messages.

David

5. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

oh good - having the spreadsheet will make it easier for you too

6. tajana340

tajana340 Member

I am updating Spicey's info on the spreadsheet. Just in case you are wandering. David

7. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Just some Fyi. I ordered the u-1oo syringes and the ketostix today online from hocks. They are in ohio and i don't know how long it will be before it actually gets deliverd. D

8. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

What an impressive drop - from the 500s to the 150s. Two things come to mind: One, that probably feels crummy for him - such highs and lows. Two - wonder if each high is a rebound from the lower numbers in the cycle. It will be interesting to see when he starts back up.

9. tajana340

tajana340 Member

She has had a lot of exercise today. All 4 cats are very happy when i am home. :D

10. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Excercise can definitely cause bg levels to drop. Might want to put that on your spreadsheet for today. May help when you are looking at the overall data. Sorry - she, not he - was looking but couldn't tell on this post.

11. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi David, [oops, just realized I was looking at a curve from a few days ago & thought it was just yesterdays, sorry, & never mind! Looks like 0.5u is going well today]

Great job on getting all these tests in, you are getting some really good data, and I think are very close to getting her in good #s more consistently. You are just getting it fine-tuned now so she doesn't drop too dramatically, but still gets in good #s. It may feel confusing and frustrating right now, but really you are doing well, and so much closer to getting her regulated than many of us were at this stage of the game. Great work! :D

12. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

You all must have had a major play date today! :)

I wouldn't worry about the big drop today. Exercise will do that. Remember, she is still producing her own insulin. Exercise and the new diet help her body produce and use more of what she's producing in addition to what you are shooting. When you get your new syringes, come on over to the PZI forum and we'll help you adjust your dosage.

13. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Just curious can I add some chicken broth to her food without affecting those numbers. Or is the chicken broth bad for the diabetes? D

14. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Most commercially prepared broth is pretty high in sodium. Since high blood pressure is always a potential problem for aging cats, I'd stick with water unless you want to make your own salt-free broth.

15. tajana340

tajana340 Member

I have to say I have not seen spicey like this since before she was diagnosed with diabetes. She has been outside like 5 times today running around scratching on her 2 trees. She has eaten the most food today, from what i measured 34 grams of food and she has eaten some here and there. I have also noticed my other cats are friendlier and sweeter since they too are not allowed any dry food. No more Dry Food. Every time I go to the door spicey begs me to go outside. It is soo cute. :D

16. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

Spicey is feeling better now, so she is going to play and be happy. Her quality of life has been improved by just doing a few little tweaks. Its amazing what the right diet and an appropriate dose of insulin can do can do, isn't it? And the other cats are benefiting from the largesse. Wait until you see how soft and shiny their coats will get from the canned low-carb diet :)

~M

17. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Yeah for the spreadsheet, David! It does make thing much easier, doesn't it? :smile:

18. Sweetgrass & the Furries

Sweetgrass & the Furries Member

Wonderful to hear Spice feeling so much better.
    The 0.5 units is just starting to show what is possible.
    I may be unpopular with this thought as the nadir has not come down too too far yet, however, I wonder if 0.5 is still going to be a titch too much?
    I say this as that is a steep drop and then high climb back up for preshots. More insulin will not necessarilly make that better.
    Just thinking aloud here and planting a thought to be aware of :)

Kimmee

19. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Thank you Swseetgrass for reminding me of that. It is always good to be reminded.

Mary I have noticed a difference in their coats already.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.