1/18: Esse AMPS +11=263 PMPS=279 +2=297

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest:
    PMPS+11=329
    AMPS=340. Wellness out, shot 2.25.
    +3.5=319.
    +6=302. Put out additional food, breakfast all gone...
    +9=267. In the sunshine, baby!
    +11=263. Surfing...
    PMPS=279. A bit of a bump. Put Evo down, seems like a hit. Esse and all are eating well and happily.
    +2=297. Lots of food out, last test of the evening...
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2949#unread

Todays' weather report:
    " Strong thunderstorms are possible across southwestern California
    this afternoon into tonight...

A powerful frontal system will sweep through southwestern California
    this afternoon and evening... bringing heavy rain and scattered
    thunderstorms. Even after the front moves through the region this
    evening... very moist and unstable air will linger... maintaining a
    threat of thunderstorms through at least midnight and possibly
    through the night.

Some of the thunderstorms may produce small hail... wind gusts over
    50 mph and torrential downpours. Atmospheric conditions will be
    favorable for isolated weak tornadoes which could either form over
    land or move ashore after forming as waterspouts.

Residents of southwestern California are urged to stay tuned for the
    latest information on the potential for strong thunderstorms.
    Listen to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite media source... or
    visit our website at weather.Gov/losangeles for the latest updates
    of forecasts and warnings."

Current weather at my house: light rain, winds at 14 or so. It's gonna be a nasty, nasty day...tornados? Yikes...

WCR: sleeping behind the computer. Food from overnight is mostly gone.
    WBR: wondering just what we do with tornados. LOL.

Cassandra, I got your message in your last post to me. Yes, I probably am scared of green to a small extent. What I am most scared of is that she'll go clinical hypo when I'm not here (or am asleep), and I won't know it, and will keep shooting the same dose of insulin, thus perpetuating the issues, and maybe waking/coming home to a cat who has died because of me. That's the fear.

And a quick illustrative story about my core nature: I have a clear recollection of being about 5, in the car. My mom had pulled over to the side of the road, and was sitting outside the car. I was inside the car, with my brother. I had been asking "why", as children do, but in my case, I was asking a lot of why...why does the radio work? Why is the sky blue? Why does the car move when you put your foot there, and stop when you put your foot over there? What's this? How about that? Why, what, how, when, explain, tell me, why, why, why. Mom had parked the car and took a break from me. LOL. Fast forward to now, and I still have the "why" urge, and ask all the time "why", "how come", "what if"...so me asking why, how about, what if...is not a new thing to me, it's my nature. It's probably bothersome (I know it can be), and for that I apologize. But I'm a why kinda person...I like to understand things, and even if I'm completely offbase in my original questions, I tend to learn a lot from answers from everyone. That's just me, just who I am, and how my brain works.

And yes, I completely understand that if there wasn't a protocol that we follow, people would be dosing and changing doses willy-nilly. I get that, and that is why I said yesterday that I'll wait out the high. I'm just trying to figure out what's good for Essemama...and asking a lot of questions as I go. The only good thing I can say is that my questions should lessen as the weeks go by. LOL...

Now, does anyone know what to do in a tornado? 'Cause I sure don't...

Best-
    Michele

2. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 1/18: Esse PMPS+11=329

Hi Michele,

I totally hear your fear about coming home to a dead cat.... I was worried sick too. However..... this is what I've learned.

IF you follow the protocol properly, Esse's dose can only be off by 0.25U (all other things being equal - health wise). 0.25 shouldn't be enough to put a cat over the edge as it's not a surprise to the body and the liver will know to react (again unless there are other issues). Esse bounces, so you know that the liver is working. My new favourite analogy is to give a person with size 6 feet a pair of size 6.5 shoes... not comfortable, but won't trip (vs giving a size 10 shoe).

Also, knowing what Esse does when she's lowish is also good. I was terified that Tizon was going to die sleeping instead of eating... but no... the 40s and 30s got him out of his bed.

Learn Esse's feeding habits and her self feeding routine. If she's got food to eat, she'll be OK. You can always make some MC if you are uncomfortable.

And one last thing..... the nights of low should come before the days of low.... that's should be easier on you but not necessarily good for your sleep...

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, now that you have shared what your nature is..I totally understand.... :lol:
    I empathize with you Mother...as I recall finding myself at the end of my rope with a very inquisitive child...
    Yes, asking questions is how they learn things and it is a good thing to ask questions....
    but NOT 24 hours a day 7 days a week....
    Why, why WHY? In the car, in the kitchen, in the bathroom and in the bed at night.... WHY WHY WHY for everything under the sun...

I finally turned to my sweet little daughter and yelled
    "BECAUSE. !!!!!!!!
    THAT'S WHY....
    JUST BECAUSE!!!"

You are learning because you are interested. You are asking questions and you are observing...Michele...you are giving Esse the best shot at this...some people don't choose to give insulin....you are going the distance.
    Have faith in yourself and in Esse... :mrgreen:

We all have the fear of what our kitties will do when we aren't there to help them....but we have to have faith that what we ARE doing will allow us the best possible outcome cause we ARE doing so much with our constant monitoring and our collective experiences.....

And YOU can't do ANYTHING IN a tornado.... :lol:
    The idea is to get below ground so you won't be IN it.... :lol: :lol:

uh...do you have a basement?

4. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

:lol:
    Michelle, Many a times I have put Latte in a carrier as sirens go on and off....preparations to run downstairs. Pat is right - a basement. I bet you will just get a lot of wicked cool weather! Make sure to look outside every now and again. Do you guys get thunder there? I know places like Oregon rarely get it. I LOVE thunder. If it makes you feel better, gather everything you might need for some extended time in the basement (purse, wallet, cat/carrier, food, margaritas...) and have it ready to grab in case you need to seek shelter.

I did not realize you had 9 cats! :lol: Here I was thinking Esse ate like 20 oz of food overnight. ohmygod_smile

As for worrying - I have never gotten over leaving latte for a week and coming home to her in the midst of kidney failure. I struggle with the same fears in a BIG way!!!!! Well before even adding insulin to our mix.

Btw...I think if you have any further 'why' questions, you should direct them to Pat! :mrgreen:

5. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I LOVE this suggestion! Hahahaha! Just because!!

Seriously, good luck today with the wild weather. I hope it turns out to be a non-event.

6. Michele and Esse

Helene said:
    See, I hadn't thought of it that way. So far, we don't know of any other issues...just the diabetes. And yes, we know her liver works...it's proving that all the time. LOL...I just worry because we have seen how drastically she drops - you have no idea how much time I spend wondering "that big, this time?" But when you look at it the way you put it, it won't be OD city...which is what I am terrified of.

So, my mom did that once. I asked her who invented "because." Then, being the snotty kid I was, when she told me to do something, I'd say "no. Because." It's a wonder she didn't kill me, or snatch me bald.

I have more faith in Esse than in me, sometimes. I have to remember that...and know she does eat if she's low, and can be just fine with a number of 39.

No. This is southern California - basements are not good in earthquakes. LOL. We're used to EQs, not tornados. There is no below ground here, but if there is a tornado alert, I think I'll head to the hallway - away from glass and stuff - and just hang out. But before this next storm gets going, I'm heading to the barn for a few minutes...

Best-
    Michele

7. Michele and Esse

This is very unusual weather...and yes, we're supposed to have some significant thunderstorms. We occasionally get t-storms during summer, but very rarely otherwise.
    Here is what is coming toward us today/tonight:
    http://www.wunderground.com/
    Gonna get bad fast...but I'm like you - this will be wicked cool weather. And yes, I'll be looking out at it...

LOL, I thought so. That's why I mentioned it. If she'd eaten 20 oz by herself, I'd've had her at the vet for an enema or something. LOLOL...

Thanks for understanding. And I definitely will remember to ask Pat a whole lot of questions...LOL

CD, a giant gust of wind just came through - rattled the windows and scared the kitties! I have three picture windows here, and there are 5 little kitties looking out at the courtyard and street, and being curious about things. The other 4 are hiding. LOL.

Off to the barn for a little while, and then back...hopefully before the storm hits too hard. I drive a low car, so sometimes, getting through puddles is an adventure!

Best-
    Michele

8. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/18: Esse PMPS+11=329 AMPS=340 +3.5=319 +6=302

Back form the barn...barely. Streets are flooding, and it is very, very nasty out there right now. Poor Tango - he was freaking out when the wind came through - lots of things falling all over the city. Trees down, debris flows...shoot, at least I got up and took care of Tango and a few others whose owners couldn't come out today.

Esse, otoh, is warm, snuggly, and just gently coming down the sugar ladder. Her +6=302, and that is a good thing...hopefully, she'll surf here for a while, and then come back down a bit further...

Best-
    Michele

9. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Stay safe Michele! Sounds pretty scary over there!

10. Michele and Esse

The sun is out now...LOL...but the next front is due tomorrow, and then the "bad" one is due tomorrow night through Thursday. Winds still blowing, though, bad. Lots of sirens, too (I live near a fire station), so I can only imagine how bad it will get over the next few days.

I think Esse brought the sun out...she's come down to 267, and that is great. Maybe we'll see some blue tonight...

Best-
    Michele

11. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/18: Esse AMPS +11=263 PMPS=279

PMPS=279...not bad at all. I'll take it, no doubt.

Giving Evo a try; it's a lot less expensive than Wellness, so if it works, I can breathe a bit easier...if not, we've got a ton of Wellness, so...well...there you go. LOL.

WCR: very much Esse. Snoozed behind the computer (the new favorite spot, apparently...)...bathed, just a happy girl. I wonder where she'll go tonight? School starts tomorrow...

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.