1.18 Fa amps 338/+2.5,328/+4,277/+6,272/+8,257/+10,250/pmps 272/+3,297/+5,299/+6,272

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by fafa's mum, Jan 17, 2020.

1. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

2. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Last night was really high again.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Could be a delayed bounce from the blues. Neko’s worse bounce numbers were the third cycle after the “low” that caused the bounce. Or could be a bit of new Dose Wonkiness. Paws crossed for this new dose.

4. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Oh I see. I had thought it’s new dose wonkiness.

5. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Fa is a bit grumpy when BG is high.

by the way , she also licks herself more recently. Not sure whether it’s to do with the season or stress or other reason.

6. Wendy&Neko

Is she licking in just one place, or generally grooming more?

7. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

I think it’s generally grooming more. I do suspect acro when I see her licking her paws while she is not regulated yet , but I don’t know whether I just worry too much and hence this thought.

it’s summer here and she goes to garage at night and catches crickets sometimes but there might be other insects near sometimes.

She does have some dandruff, not too much. It’s very dry in our city here.

she also had history of skin allergy before but I think that’s starting from stress-related overgrooming. She had long term steroid, until we changed her to raw food. Diabetes came after one year no steroid though.

I just put down everything possibly related for your reference.

8. Wendy&Neko

Grooming more is a good thing. It could mean she is feeling better, insulin is starting to help. I don’t know of a connection between licking paws and acromegaly. Neko just did normal paw grooming, like the non diabetic cat.

9. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Oh that’s good to know grooming more is a good thing. I was kind of scared of seeing her grooming in the past but she licked certain area at that time. It’s different then.

and good to know acromegaly probably has no connection to licking paws. I kind of not willing to ask about this before, in case there is a connection. And I always look at her paws and worry if it’s bigger than usual.

I might sound a bit silly worrying too much. :arghh:I wish we had more advanced medical options here so I knew where I could turn to when we need to.

10. Wendy&Neko

If you are wondering, getting the IGF-1 blood test for acromegaly will let you know one way or the other. Neko had hardly any symptoms when diagnosed, just extreme hunger, and a higher dose. Later I found out her tearing eye was from soft tissue growth in the eye duct. There are way more options now than when Neko was diagnosed.

11. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

If my understanding is right, we don’t even have the testing available in our state.

Last time I mentioned this to our vet, she was the same opinion like most vets and said acromegaly is very rare. However, she is quite open minded and maybe next time I will ask again . Just like when I asked about Levemir for the first time, she seemed to have no idea about it but she obviously did some research and later she brought up the topic of Levemir with me and found a way to order for us.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. Wendy&Neko

I live on the west coast of Canada. I had to have blood sent to Michigan State University in the US for IGF-1 testing as it the only place that does it in North America. If you want, I can give you a link to a research paper showing one in four diabetic cats has acromegaly, for you to give that vet.

fafa's mum and Sonia & Leo like this.
  13. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Thanks Wendy. The link would be great.