1/18 Molly amps 426 *sigh*

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele&Molly, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

So on the 13th (Wednesday), i reduced Molly's dose from 2.5u to 1.75u in an effort to get those sky high numbers down. We're still looking at amps and pmps in the 300's with possible 200's at nadir.

Yesterday she threw me a 195 @ +8.5 and i was thrilled!! pmps of 282 - ecstatic! Only to wake up to a amps of 426. This might be easier to see:

1/17
    amps 341
    +4 288
    +8.5 195
    pmps 282

1/18
    amps 426

Could she have gone too low last night? I can't imagine she would have on a ps of 282.

How much more up and down can this poor cat take? Meanwhile - her bx is normal; eating, being affectionate, purring, etc.

2. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Hi Michele--it looks to me like you need to get some +1 and +2 tests, especially in the evening, to see what each dose is doing in terms of duration. Since you've dropped back to 1.75 units now, I hope you will be systematic in your increases. You were getting some very nice results on the 2.0 dose earlier. From there, you may want to inch up in less than .25 unit increases.

3. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Michele, I doubt that she went low overnight. She just doesn't have evidence that she does that on her SS. I also agree that she had better numbers on 2u in the past. It looks like her better dose would be from 2 to 2.25u.

Are you still worried about her going too low? I wonder why you fed her at +8 and 185 yesterday. She has miles of room to drop at that point. I used to have 80 as my nadir goal for Beau so that he had some wiggle room. I learned to not worry down as low as about 50. If he got below 100 during the first third of the cylce I might feed a small amount of LC food, but I only felt he HAD to eat if he was in the 40s or 30s and any point.

4. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Hi Terri and Shelia - thanks for your responses.

I agree with the both of you that somewhere very close to 2.0u is probably the best dose. And yes, i will systematically increase it - thank you for the advice.

The only reason i fed at +8 ~185 yesterday was because the entire crew was begging (and i mean begging) for food and i couldn't stand listening to them anymore so i let them all share a can. My fear was not that Molly was going too low - we don't seem to have that problem around here.

Nice to see you Terri, hope all is well on your end. -M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.