1/18 Rocky AMPS +289

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tina & Rocky, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tina & Rocky

Tina & Rocky Well-Known Member

Good morning,

BG up a little bit since his last reading last night but I think you'd all say it's a flat line??

Feeding him, then giving .75 u insulin, then the Clavamox.

Then BTB. I-)

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/17 Rocky AMPS +289

Good morning Tina! Hope you were able to get your ferals fed and get some sleep last night. I'm sure yesterday was hard on you!

I think you posted your condo in the wrong forum this morning...This is the Health forum instead of the Lantus Tight Regulation Forum

Hope Rocky has some better numbers for you today, but at least he's in a sunny yellow for now. That's great!

That's actually a pretty darn good number for AMPS. We wouldn't want him to have a flat line in the 200's (at least not for too long) A normal Lantus cycle should look something like a smile. The AMPS number is the top left corner of the smile...then the numbers go down until reaching nadir (the bottom of the smile) and then in the last half, they start to climb again. As they get better regulated, the smile can flatten some, but we hope that doesn't happen until the AMPS is at least below 150.(preferably lower)

Not every cat is going to have a "normal" smile either (actually very few do, but if you think if the "smile", you might understand how a cycle "should" look)

:D --this "smile" cycle starts fairly high, dips low and then comes back up fairly high at the end of the cycle.

:smile: This smile doesn't start as high, goes down some (no big drop) and then raises back up at the end of the cycle.

Does that help?

Hope you enjoyed your BTB!!

3. Tina & Rocky

OOOPsss!! I will repost in correct forum and delete this. Thank you!

4. Tina & Rocky

Can someone please delete this thread for me? Sorry for the confusion this morning!

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

IF one of the moderators comes around, they'll have to delete it. They're the only ones who can.

If you link this one to your post in the TR forum, at least you'll be able to keep track of both on one thread, so you'd need to link both yesterdays condo and this one in today's (at least IF and until one of the mods can delete this one)

6. Tina & Rocky

PLEASE POST REPLIES TO ME IN LANTUS THREAD! Sorry for the screw up this morning!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.