1/18 Spicey curve test is done yeah

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by tajana340, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Well everyone Spicey's curve test is done. I have a much better picture of what is going on now. Spicey is glad it is done as well. So take a look at her spreadsheet. The only reason I am Up is I feel like I need to Check + 3 which is good and +5 which will let me know more but I think it is going to be ok. Spicey just ate 6 grams of food and she will most likely eat again knowing her pattern.

2. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

It's a nice looking curve David. She's doing OK, but she's going to need a bit more insulin when your U-100 syringes get there. You want her peak values to be down in double digits (60 to 70). It will be interesting to see what happens today when she doesn't get as much exercise.

Hope you got some sleep last night. Now that you've mastered the art of shooting and reading your spreadsheet, you should probably start posting on the PZI forum instead of here on Health.

3. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

Well, I like the comparative flatness from +3 through PMPS, but I still dislike the 400-point drop you got from your 526 AMPS to the 120 nadir at +8 during the day. The numbers from last night look more promising (227 PMPS, 101 at +5).

My guess is that Spicey is probably still kinda sensitive to insulin from the hypo(s) and could use a bit more settling-in time at .5u. I suspect that, in the end, she'll probably need a little more insulin, but let's see what her numbers are for the next day or two; hopefully she'll settle down a bit more.

Do you have any idea when your u100 syringes are due -- did they send you a tracking number or something?

4. tajana340

tajana340 Member

JJ, I couldn't check to see on the needles when they would be shipped. Hocks says it takes 24 hours before you can track so, I will take a look today and see what it says. David

5. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Thanx Terri, I will Start only posting in Pzi Forum. David

6. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Response edited

David. You are welcome to continue to post your PZI-specific questions and data here on Health if you want to, or post here if you have an issue that isn't insulin specific. With the smaller insulin support groups, you can sometimes get more eyes on Health. Some people (like me) who have used PZI in the past don't go into the PZI forum as often as we come here to Health. It's just something for you to know as you start feeling your way around the Board.

That is a curve to be proud of!!

7. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

David... she had a really good night.

Terri is right about where you want the peak value... eventually. But don't be in a rush to up the dose yet. Let this dose and this sort of curve settle. It's clear that Spicey is rebound prone and you don't want more roller coaster rides. As well, this dose may bring her down into those numbers as it settles and the reaction to the lows subside.

If/when you do need to increase, do it with very small amounts like .1 if you can. Some cats are very sensitive to the change.

I'm hoping you'll see this .5 smooth out and you'll get better numbers with it over the next couple cycles.

8. Sweetgrass & the Furries

Sweetgrass & the Furries Member

That looks terrific this early in this :)
    A wise soul once said here on this board " it is not a sprint, but a marathon" and it is true, if you try and hurry, you end up on rollercoaster ride that keeps gathering momentum.

I agree to hold that 0.5.
    If you have a higher preshot tonight, that may indicate a fast or lowish drop while you were at work and why I thought outloud about a titch less insulin.
    I am hoping though that a shallow day, easy on the system is what you will have.

I am very glad you stuck with the 0.5 and did not move up to 0.8.
    Your baby has had a big week, and I bet Spicey is feeling much improved with this shallow curve and lower levels.

Paws crossed it just gets better from here.

9. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Spicey feels so much better. Tonite she asked to be fed, even though she has food i have to go stir it up a bit. She ran into the kitchen like she was starving. It was soooo cute. Last nite she chased Squeekey from the bedroom to the living room and back a couple of times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.