1/19/20 Olive AMPS 268; +3=242; PMPS 318; +5=268

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday. Caber Yr 2 Day 106

At hospital with my dad. So won't be on much. I will be home for PMPS.

Beth 73 likes this.
  2. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I hope your dad will be ok...I know how difficult that can be :(

Sending special thoughts your way Paula!

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: And prayers :bighug:

Stressedcatmom likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Prayers for your dad :bighug:

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

Thinking of you :bighug:

9. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Thinking of you Paula. :bighug::bighug: Be safe Olive.

11. Olive & Paula

Don't know what, when, how much food he gave Ollie all day.

Dad is back at the facility. His behaviour Dr says is severe dehydration and over medication for Parkinson's. Hospice will be re-instated tomorrow. Hospital Dr have us a script for haldol until hospice starts again. But haldol is not allowed in a personal care facility. So we will have to deal with him until tomorrow if he acts up again. Hospital gave him a large dose of it, he is pretty much out for the night.

Can subqs be done in humans, I've gotten pretty good giving Ollie hers, I wonder.....

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    Beth 73 likes this.
  12. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your dad...!! Hope you're feeling better from your vertigo. :bighug:
    Yes I think subqs can be given to dehydrated persons.

13. Beth 73

Paula, can't they give him IV fluids ?? My niece was recently in hospital for dehydration and was put on an IV fluid drip . Took several days to hydrate her .

14. Olive & Paula

that's what they did. There are a few roadblocks though. Because he's on hospice, he can't be admitted to hospital. Because dad never had one of these stubborn maniac episodes before, there were no orders for medication. It was a weekend and snowstorm so hospice couldn't get anyone out to him. I was told the facility Dr couldn't be called and he wouldn't order anything anyway. Dad was too out of control. So had to revoke hospice so they could admit overnight. Then back to facility. Now hospice has to be reinstated, all the paperwork has to be done again. Hospital gave me order for medication for just a couple of days until hospice can start again. But facility can not have the drug that was ordered by state law. So now hospice has to get dr permission to admit again so they can get the medication allowed if he needs it. However, it's now a holiday weekend and Dr not available to sign off. Hopefully tomorrow it will all get straightened out.

I was thinking why can't I just go in to visit and give subqs like I do to Ollie. Didn't know if it could be done.

Dad has started to give up. He's tired and doesn't want to be here anymore.

15. Beth 73

Oh, Paula , I'm so sorry for all you and your dad are going thru . :bighug: Experienced some of the same things with my mom as far as the complicated rigamarol of paperwork and procedures . I understand the need of some of it but when it gets so cumbersome that the patient is hurt I get frustrated . Sending prayers it gets straightened out quickly .

Olive & Paula likes this.