1/19 Rusty AMPS 128, +5.5 64, PMPS 139, +5 46; doing better

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good Morning, L&LL,

I am cautiously reporting that Rusty is doing better this morning. He slept with us last night, but he never ate any of his nighttime food. This morning, however, he ate some of his breakfast (at the table, with us) and drank from his water glass. His eyes and nose have less discharge. He asked for a combing. He is acting pretty normally (moving around; jumping up to his perch above the radiator), but his appetite really needs to improve. We are hoping for the best. I know that all the L&LL magical vines and good wishes you have sent him are helping--not to speak of the chicken soup (@Susan&Felix), the aquavit, the rosemary(@Wendy&Neko ), and Tobey's expert massage (@Marje and Gracie ).

I gave him a skinny 0.25U this morning to compensate for his absent appetite. In any event, I think the steroid has worn off and we should go back down in dose to at least 0.25U.

Thanks again, everyone!

bbl

2. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad he's feeling better. Gotta eat those fuds, Rusty! :cat:

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Great report, all things considered. I wonder if he picked up a bad URI when he was at the vetty for the steroid shot?? In any event, continued appy, breathing, feel better vines...and hopefully the pred will get there today, too. Glad the KTSS has helped!!!

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm glad he's feeling better. I don't know if you give him cyproheptadine, but it is an antihistamine that also helps with appetite. Of course if he's nauseous, he would need something like ondansetron or cerenia to address that first.
    Best Of Luck to Rusty and you :bighug: You've been in my thoughts for days.

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

So happy to hear a cautiously optimistic report. I think I have logged on here more times in the last two days than I have in the last two years, waiting for updates!

C’mon Rusty! I know you can do this!

Love to all of you.

6. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((((Ella,Rusty and Edward)))))) Sending continuing truckloads of vines and prayers. I bet all of LL Land slept poorly last night, waiting for this update, so thanks for letting us know.

Glad the KTSS helped....seriously, Ella, does Rusty like plain boiled chicken broth at all? :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

So happy to hear Rusty is feeling better! :)

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

? I don't know! I may make some in my new Instant Pot! Just gotta get a chicken.

Tiger(GA) and Ruth likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

This news made my day. :)

Vines still on the way for steady improvement. KTSS on standby.

10. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Yay Rusty! It's probably the antibiotic right? I wonder if he just had some bum luck and caught something while his immune system was suppressed with the steroids? I hope he continues to improve and most importantly, eats for you today! Sending tons more vines of healing and good appetite! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Hi Dyana, thanks for your suggestions. Rusty isn't nauseous, he has always been a reluctant eater and now more-so! An antihistamine isn't something we want to do, since his vet thinks that his nasal passages are narrowed and hardened from years of this chronic condition. One of the problems was that they were getting clogged. At least when they run, they are not clogged. The runny nose, eyes is a lot better today.

Dyana likes this.
  12. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hugs and prayers for continued healing:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Rusty is showing some improvement today. I hope he eats better for you and keeps improving. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Wise. Our vet is the same about Livvie. Her nose bridge is really flat but she drains well. Dr. B says giving antihistamines would trap the stuff in there that is draining and draining is good.

I’m so happy Rusty is better today. Piling on more vines.

15. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It's so good to hear Rusty's doing better today!
    Sending tons of vines, positive thoughts, and hugs to the three of you...

16. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

:):):)
    I'm really happy to hear that Rusty is doing better today sending loads more vines.

17. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh I'm so happy to hear that Rusty is feeling a bit better today!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Good news! More vines coming from us. I love the Instant Pot. It's not your mother's pressure cooker.
    Liz

19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Rusty is less good this afternoon. His nasal passages were bleeding again (but not as bad as a few days ago). He ate a little of his RAWZ turkey lunch, but is more interested in sleeping (this is his normal "down time"). I'm just letting him be. In the meantime I bought a chicken at the health-food store. It was frozen, but I defrosted it in the microwave. Now I'm cooking it in the Instant Pot. I plan to take off some the meat for a later meal and then cook the boney parts as a broth for Rusty.
    Yep, I love my Instant Pot, too. I've only had it for about a month but use it a lot. Everything I have made has turned out delicious. lol on my mother's pressure cooker. She had one, but I don't ever remember her using it. She must have bought it when my brother & sisters were little. Today is her birthday. She would be 120 years old!!

Our "film group" is coming this evening to see a wonderful movie, one of our favorites: "I Know Where I'm Going" (1945), starring Dame Wendy Hiller in one of her early roles. It takes place in the Hebrides and has a lot of authentic Scottish local color. If you ever get a chance to see it, pounce!
    Rusty enjoys film nights and I hope he will rise to the occasion.

20. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to your mother! My mom had a pressure cooker and my sister said she was badly burned one time when they opened it. I don't remember her using it either. I'm watching The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie also set in Scotland. Maggie Smith won an Oscar playing the lead. Alas, by myself, no kitties and Anne is in Germany.
    Liz

21. Fiona & Ruby

Fiona & Ruby Member

Fantastic news about Rusty, have been thinking about him alot wishing him along. Enjoy your movie night, hope Rusty settles in with a protein bar from the candy bar!

22. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Lucky Rusty. Chicken, chicken broth, and a Friday night movie.

Sending many vines across the border.

23. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I thought one of the cool things about that Instant Pot was that you didn't have to defrost stuff first?

Come on Rusty!! With all the vines sent your way, you just have to get better! (and stay that way!)

24. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

((((Ella, Rusty and Edward))))))Continuing to send healing and appy vines and prayers by the truckful ! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Happy Birthday in honor of your mother! :bighug::bighug:
    Why don't you fix yourself and Edward some Chicken and Dumplings with the leftover broth and chicken meat? I remember you said earlier that you loved your instant pot, so I got myself one for Christmas. I just made a batch of chicken and dumplings because my family likes it during the winter, but wouldn't you know I forgot I had the instant pot and did it the old fashioned way-doh! :rolleyes:

25. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

So happy to read that Rusty is doing a bit better. Sending more appy vines!

26. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Ohmeowgosh. I didn't know about KTSS .. and it's so beautiful (and brilliant--getting off the vetty smell! whew!). Momma says I'm what she calls a NurseCat--a cat who always knows when and where to apply purr. Not all kitties do it, but so many of us do that I don't feel like I'm doing anything special. You should've heard the meowing-to I gave her one time when she was trying to get up, supposedly to "fix some tea," when I knew she should be lying down and getting purred on! I want to help KTSS!

Thank you, Rusty, for all you do for all of us kitties, and for Momma Ella and Edward Paw, too. You are a mentor to so many of us. Sure do hope you're feeline a million times better by now.

-Felix

27. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

Sending continued appy vines for Rusty, and also vines for his little nasal passages! Hope he rose to the occasion, and is enjoying film night! :bighug:

28. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Hoping that Rusty feels better with each passing day!!!

29. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Whole chickens that are frozen are another matter! But I don't remember anything saying that you could throw in frozen meat. Veggies, yes. And when you cook beans you can do it without soaking overnight.
    Welcome to KTSS, Felix! Your help will be much appreciated by every kitty who has to go to the vettybean and come home smelling like the examination table!
    I haven't tried the chicken & dumplings recipe yet. I think that's what I'll do in a couple of days.

Nighttime Rusty Report. He slept through the film, but afterwards socialized with the guests. He ate some of his dinner. He checked out the back stoop when the folks left (pretty warm tonight: 22 degrees F.), but came right back in. His nose and eyes are looking better again (it seems to come and go). He is now waiting for me to finish this so that we can all go to bed! The chicken got cooked and made a lot of stock all by itself. I watered some down and put a tiny spoonful in Rusty's bowl, but he wasn't interested. Tomorrow I'll make the bone broth/stock. If he doesn't like it, we'll freeze it and use it in recipes.

'night, all. Thanks so much for the vines and the good wishes. We are hoping for the best.

30. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Rusty is feeling better!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

31. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Not on the Board much lately - recovering from hand surgery and typing is tough with one hand - but I have to check in on Rusty!

Adding a pile of overnight vines so Rusty wakes up feeling better. Appy vines, too. One day at a time, Ella. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

32. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Tricia I hope your hand heals quickly. Sending prayers.

I hope Rusty wakes up feeling better. Sending more prayers.

33. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Happy to read this morning that Rusty was feeling a bit better last night. I hope he had a good night and ate his fuds!

34. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:Hope today is a good day:bighug::bighug:

35. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Vines for a good recovery from your hand surgery, Tricia. Rusty appreciates the vines you sent to him and wanted to send you some in return.

Rusty had a good night, but ate nothing. This morning he seems pretty good. I'll continue in today's (Sat.) condo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.