1-19 Sylvester AMPS 270, wont eat!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AshleeZ, Jan 19, 2020.

1. AshleeZ

AshleeZ New Member

Hey y’all! New member here for my cat Sylvester. He currently is getting 1 unit of insulin bid. He hasn’t had an appetite lately and this morning wouldn’t eat at all. His pre shot was 270. I am new to this and unsure what to do if he continues to not eat today.

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Hi Ashlee! welcome to the Lantus/Basaglar and Levemir forum! Sylvester is so cute! love him!!

HERE is a link from the FAQ page with some tips for stimulating kitties appetite. You may want to call your vet tomorrow if he is still not eating. Lantus is a little more forgiving for when Sylvester eats, however he should have some food in his belly for when the insulin kicks in(also known as the insulin onset) a typical onset is +2 (2 hours after the shot) although every cat is different (ECID). 270 is not too low for a preshot, if you can, try and get a few more tests today to see how low the 1u is taking him. I saw on your main forum post that you're working on your spread sheet, looking forward to seeing how Sylvester is getting along :)

3. AshleeZ

AshleeZ New Member

Hey! Thanks for the help Amanda! I do plan on testing him throughout the day and we are going to visit his help tomorrow.

AmandaE likes this.
  4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Let us know how the visit goes! sending positive vibes that he's going through a phase :)

5. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the L&L forum!!!:bighug: I'm looking forward to reading your post(s) and seeing the progress of Sylvester!!! What a handsome boy he is:kiss:
    Sylvester, be good for your momma bean and eat your foods. :cat:
    Again, welcome and looking forward to seeing that SS up and running:smuggrin::)
    Have a wonderful day Ashlee!

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Welcome, Ashlee!

It would be more than a little helpful if you could set up a spreadsheet for Sylvester. It sounds like you've mastered home testing which is great!! We are very data driven here so seeing Sylvester's progress so we can be of help is a must. This is a link to the spreadsheet template we use.

You may also want to look over the sticky notes at the top of the Board. There's an overwhelming amount of information about Lantus and it's use, getting settled in here, etc. that you may find helpful.

Please let us know if you have questions.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.